Warcraft 3 And Starcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Common, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Common

Common Well-Known Member

okay i wanted to buy the battle chest for both games so i can play with some peeps.

but when i watched them play a bit(not much only like a few mins) it was nothing like an RPG or WoW.

can someone explain to me what these games are like? i already checked some reviews and stuff but doesnt explain what kind of game it is.

2. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

they are RTS (rela time stratagy) sort of like the command and conquor series, never played starcraft, but I love warcraft 3 so highly recommended =)

3. Unreal_Me

Unreal_Me Well-Known Member

Its a lot like command and conquor or Age of Empires.

Then there's the fact that both support user made maps. They bring a whole new dimension to the game. There are many different types of custom maps to play, the games never get boring.

Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne also has the mega-popular custom map DotA Allstars, which currently takes up at least half the custom games list at any time of the day :P. Wc3 also has a much better map editor than SC and has more detailed maps. There are much more things that can be done with Wc3.

4. Ginge.

Ginge. Well-Known Member

i want wcft3:tft ...soem good maps

5. Sessava

Sessava Well-Known Member

They're both real time strategies in which you control entire armies instead of just one guy. You command the army to attack other armies on the battlemap by using a variety of weapons that you make throughout each game. And each game ends after someone wins/loses, unlike an RPG.

As for the games themselves, I never much cared for Warcraft III, cept for the campaign, but Starcraft is one of the best rts's out there, and can compete with some of todays releases, even though the game came out back in the 1990's.