Wanting A New Mp3 Player? Read This First..

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jesse_boi89, Jan 1, 2006.

1. jesse_boi89

jesse_boi89 Well-Known Member

Need something to do..To get some ---- off my mind, soo...heres some info on mp3 players..from best brands to worst. And i shopped around alot..Looked at all the options, when looking for mine. So i hope this helps u in some way :) And yes..I save the best brand for last ;) I numbered them in order from the last to first, number 4 being good but not he best and so on :)

First..Lets discuss Apply Ipods. Personally i would NEVER buy one. I looked into them..Honestly they arn't worth your money. The only reason there so popular is overadvertisting, and everyone thinking there trendy. Youd do better with something else.

4. First...Iriver. A very very nice brand. They have a good selection of mp3's with a plethora of features. They have PVP players, music players, and i think that have a combo ones to. And they have a variety of sizes to, dont think they got a 60 gig but not to sure. And the prices arnt to bad on there mp3 players, a very good choice. Better than the ipod in terms of features, and design imo. They also have a longer battery life.

Link: http://www.iriveramerica.com/

3. Archos. Very nice brand. They are more PVP players, than audio though, and they have VERY nice PVP players. PVP meaing personal video player btw. The screens are all sharp, and they support many video formats, coupled with a nice battery life as well for playing videos. They also play audio to, so it can double as that, but its mostly for videos. If you just need a 1 gig player or so, they have a nice selection. They also have a pretty good 20 gig player with some good features as well. Another nice brand to look into.

Link: http://www.archos.com/gate.html

2. Creative. One of the top tier player manufactures, a VERY good brand to look into if ur looking for affordability, excellent battery life, and a nice selection of features. They also have a TON of models, and they have been makin audio devices like sound cards for a long while to, so the sound quality is top notch, they recently released a mp3/video player, looks very nice, and a very bright color screen for a sort of costlier price, but overall a very nice player if u got the spare cash, definatley look into this brand before the first 2.

Link: http://www.creative.com

1. And finally THE BEST OF THE BEST..Cowon. Why. They have THE BEST players i have EVER seen. They have some PVP's to, very nice ones. But where they really shine is mp3 players. There awesome, whether u want a 128 meg or a 60 gig. The one i got, the iAudio X5, is so kick ass. I mean it comes in 20,30 and 60 gig models..Maby 40 not sure XD. There is a x5L version of all but the 60 gig. x5L has a 35 HOUR BATTERY life. Totally pwning the ipods and all other players out there. They also support like every media format imaginable! Mp3, flac, ogg, and like..4 others. I forget wich XD. They also play videos. The screen is very bright and colors look very nice. Videos need to be converted, but the softwear that comes with it can convert a 3 hour movie in 17 minutes. Very nice speed. And it can batch process so thats another plus. It can also be used as extra space for digi cams, plug the bundled cabled into the play and ur camera, and transfer pics. Most other players need a expensive accessorie to do that. It also does text files, so u can red stuff on it, put homework on there, cheat notes for tests, whatever u want. It has tons more features..Just check the site. And the best part..U can drag and drop files. It acts like a portable HD. And u can use as much as u want for back up storage wich is very nice for quickly backing up files u want to keep but dont want on ur pc.

And the 60 gig model is more affordable than most players out there, i got mine for 350 on BH photo. The smaller models are cheaper still. And on mine, i have 35 thousand songs, 134 music vids, and 32 full length movies. With 15 gigs left to spare. I got some other random files on it to. Definatley the BEST player on the market. And the battery for video will last the same as audio btw.

Link: http://www.cowonamerica.com

And if all else fails...Get a ipod. But dont get mad when in a year, the batt dies, u have to send it to apple and u lose all ur data. Also whe the battery life for a vid lasts 3 hours. O and dont jump around with them, there known to skip. They may be trendy and ----..But they are definatly not worth the money, u have to have softwear to add files to them, u can use the entire space as a HD..And shizzle. Its nutters. But i mean..If u have to..go ahead, but u will prolly have to replace it in less than a year. And the battery for video lasts less then 4 hours..If even 3. So keep that in mind to.

Hope this helped u if ur looking for MP3 players..And i u have any more questions..PM me, i did alot of research when looking for mine..Dont just go for the most popular one, or trendyiest..or coolest looking. Generally u just pay for the looks.

Ttyl guys,
    Jesse

2. shasta

shasta Well-Known Member

wow i will keep that in mind thanks for the advice

3. UV Holla

UV Holla Well-Known Member

just get an ipod, theyre sick and if u send it back. thats why u have all ur music on itunes...

4. GigªByte

GigªByte Well-Known Member

damn dude- didnt read it all but thats alot of advice and what not

i would +rep but cant

5. jesse_boi89

Ipods are "sick" till itunes fux up on u, or once u shake it to much, or ur battery gets shot to hell...Definatly not one i would recomend..but if u like it..at least right now..guess its good. i liked mine to..till it stopped working after 3 months lol

Jesse

6. GigªByte

GigªByte Well-Known Member

+repped

7. jesse_boi89

Eh..Thanx alot :) Glad it helped :)

Jesse

8. UV Holla

UV Holla Well-Known Member

jesse thats why u send it back and my itunes nevcer has done that

9. jesse_boi89

It did to me. Itunes wont load on my pc, and every other program i tryed didnt work. And i cant send back a perfectly good mp3 player, just cuz the program don't work. And itunes is overated. All the ones i posted do more, sound better, look better, and are generally better overall. Ipods only factor is its over hyped. Just give it time..u will eventually see the crappyness in ipod.

www.smashmyipod.com

Jesse

10. Ice92888

Ice92888 Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure bout the ipod, the battery screws up most of the time.

11. Phaze_

Phaze_ Well-Known Member

actually ipods are horrible, battery sucks balls to be completely honest with you, and i have an ipod... i hate it, i use my psp cause i hate the ipods screen size and battery life... and when ur ipods battery is broken and wont work at all in about a year and a half dont go crying to apple to fix it cause they charge 250 bucks after the warrantee expires which is when there betteries usually give out, take it from me, my old ipod mini is useless unless its plugged in because the battery lasts like 10 minutes, the only thing smart about ipods in general is itunes, i use it for pretty much all my music video playing... mostly cause its on my ass with adds to keep downloading the new versions but meh, they do what they gotta do and what can i say its working >_<.

12. VEXTA

VEXTA Well-Known Member

i agree jessie about an iPod becoming overadvertising But i still like my 60GB black iPod Video, my family had every single iPod since it was first realeased

1G = 15GB

2G = No idea if that was realeaased

3G = 20GB

4G = 40GB

4G (again) =20GB

iPod Mini = Sister Has One

iPod Nano x 2 = Cousin & Dad has one

5G = iPod Video, Mine

iTunes = Never failed on me and ive been using it since the break of dawn.

by the way let me just say that i am a full time Macintosh user so that i am aware that iPods might fail on a windows or a Linux OS but im not sure.

iPod will always be there for me.

13. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i have a Zen micro, i say go creative all the way. plus, i heard that when you plug in an ipod, it automaticly scans for all the music you have, you cant choose which ones you want individually.

14. VEXTA

VEXTA Well-Known Member

yes thats true but you can easyly turn that off

15. Common

Common Well-Known Member

im gettin the new ipod no matter what people say

what other mp3 player can play videos? NONE