Waiting

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Aiden, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

W A I T I N G

[​IMG]

Review
    The people at Shenanigan's restaurant are an old mix of characters, never making their jobs boring by the amount of shenanigans of their own. Mitch is just starting and is taking the tour with Monty. Monty is the friendly yet crazy work mate, making every moment at fun one. Dean has hit a rut and questions why he still works at Shenanigan's, and cant commit with a fellow employee Amy. Dean was also asked if he wanted the assistant manager spot; to much of the content of others. Serena and Monty were dating, but they have a friendship on fake smiles and sarcasms.

The odd mix of characters of waiting make this such a wonderful. It's just not focused upon the three main characters; Monty, Dean and Serena, the background characters have their own personalities and dilemmas, adding so much more story. The development of the characters aren't fully developed, but you can still understand and sympathies to their problems. The characters are clichéd; you have seen a lot of them before; but they are so well placed and interact perfectly; there is a realism to them.

The major point of Waiting is the black humor that runs through it. It doesn't work off big set pieces and outlandish situations to make you laugh, the humor organically comes out of the characters from their dialog. A lot of the dialog is perverse, but it never seems out of place. Waiting does perfectly reflect the relationship between customer and waiter; well i did. Rob McKittrick unashamedly shows this interaction; the smart-ass customer who always complains, the regulars, and what could go behind the walls when the customers push to hard.

Ryan Reynolds brings another eccentric performance forward. He had been stuck with that eccentric ego in a lot of movies; but he does it perfectly and does another great job again. Anna Faris had finally lost that ditsy persona and shows a broader range of acting; bringing a great performance. Justin Long does have a puppy dog face a lot of the time, but really comes forward in the more serious moments. All the other actors as the employees all do wonderful performances, making the background character more interesting.

Waiting is a great black comedy on hospitality that is so painfully funny.

Cast
    Ryan Reynolds .... Monty
    Anna Faris .... Serena
    Justin Long .... Dean
    David Koechner .... Dan
    Luis Guzmán .... Raddimus
    Chi McBride .... Bishop
    John Francis Daley .... Mitch
    Kaitlin Doubleday .... Amy
    Robert Patrick Benedict .... Calvin
    Alanna Ubach .... Naomi
    Vanessa Lengies .... Natasha
    Max Kasch .... T-Dog
    Andy Milonakis .... Nick
    Dane Cook .... Floyd
    Jordan Ladd .... Danielle

Other Information
    -Rated R for strong crude and sexual humor, pervasive language and some drug use.
    -Runtime: 93 minutes
    -Is available for rent or to own on February 7, 2006.

Screen Captures
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

very nice review but i have never heard of this movie before thats sad :(

But i'll see if i can't rent it :)

3. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

It's soooo funny, search around for some trailers, i'm sure you'll like it.

4. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

When did it come out ?

And why did i never see a preview before is it not one of those big movies?

5. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

I dunno, I saw tons of them, not sure when it was out in theater.... probaly about 2-3 months ago.

6. minxette

minxette Well-Known Member

This movie is so unbelievably funny...a few of my friends and I went to see it a few months ago when it came out. I swear none of us stopped laughing through the whole thing.

Great movie :D

7. i ur i chris

i ur i chris Member

awesome movie but makes not wnt to eat out anymore lol

8. iamnotmaj

iamnotmaj Well-Known Member

lol this movie is pretty old.. pretty weird and funny lol