Vista Home Premium Shutdown Problems

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cheatsmaster, May 6, 2008.

1. cheatsmaster

cheatsmaster Gotta Catch 'Em All!

When I play Warcraft III: Dota on the laptop of my sister, it takes too much time for it to shutdown. I've been shutting it down for hours but still it still hasn't closed. But when I play Counter Strike:CZ or Zoo Tycoon then I shut it down, it shutdowns properly with no problems. Any advices? The Vista Home Premium installed here is Genuine and bought from Greece by my dad.

2. Fusic

Fusic Well-Known Member

Maybe reinstall this. Had the same problem until I reinstalled it.

3. King Damager

King Damager Well-Known Member

First - Run a virus scan/check (probably not this but you never know)

It might have something to do with the processes running at the time, and your cpu levels and ability to close stuff.

I'd suggest trying ctrl+shift+esc and closing any processes running which are related to warcraft before the shutdown (after you've manually closed warcraft)

I'd also suggest possibly it might be a shutdown problem, I'd try possibly Start->Run->and type Shutdown -S (not sure this works on vista but it does on xp)

This is all I can think of right now, hope this helps, but yeah if none of the above work I'd suggest reinstalling it.

4. cheatsmaster

cheatsmaster Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blue Screen appears and they it's power problem but I don't think it's the power because why on the other games it's not like this.

5. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

It is not your computer
    it are probably your registry values, and your starup programs, also can be your processors that are running while Warcraft Runs or something in the background.

Do you have any virus or trojan software on your computer?
    like Avast, Nod32 or something?
    If you do not then I suggest going to Avast and install that, run that after you stop playing Warcraft and before,
    it might be something that your computer just gets from the server? or maybe a residing problem from previous issues (if any)

In addition, you can also download Crap Cleaner. It is a small program which does great deal of work,
    It helps you keep your computer clean and also fixes the unknown registry values on your computer.
    Plus gives you a wild look in your currently Installed Programs (the ones which won't show up in the Add / Remove Programs Option), also lets you check your start - up processors / programs during Computer Start-up.
    Download CC and clean up your computer day to day or at least 3 times a week, also clean your registry while you are at it.
    I also know that some online sites, installed programs, need you to keep their cookies and previous entries and you can de-select their clean up in the CCleaner Menu...

As far as I know it might be a residing problem from previous issues (if any again), or something that your computer just happens do download or run during that particular process is loaded.

Have you tried re-installing Warcraft III ? See if that solves the problem
    Also if none of the above work, or fix your computer I would Strongly Suggest a Factory Install, in other words re-formate your Hard-Drive!

Need any further help? Please feel free to contact me :lol:

-Zain

6. King Damager

King Damager Well-Known Member

Blue Screen's not a power problem, but yes I would definitely suggest checking. If it is a registry problem I've found Registry Mechanic is an ok free alternative (will delete most stuff just not all of it)

Thats all else I can think of

7. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

most likely locked up in application shut down, end the process in task manager.