Virginia Tech Rampage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [ThC]Mami, Apr 16, 2007.

1. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

How sad. Seriously. What kind of a man would kill over 30 innocent students? I mean these kids work hard their entire life to go to college, and then this happens to them? It's just not fair.

2. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Horrible thing. 33 people with a hell of a lot of potential went down.

As a side note, it's pathetic that people are already using this as an example for why their agenda should be put into practice. I've heard "ban violent video games," "ban guns," "ban 'assault weapons' (though two handguns were used...)," bla bla bla... within twelve hours of this stuff. Pathetic.

3. CaptainPeanuts

CaptainPeanuts Senior Member

I'm going to have to raise the bull---- flag on that one there kiddo. I don't know if you've been living in a hole, but you have obviously been paying more attention to news that is in other countries. Allow me to shed some light on the error of your statement young Jedi....

Dawson College Shooting

École Polytechnique Massacre

I mean, the Dawson College shooting happened what? 7 months ago? Are you so quick to forget that your fellow countymen did the exact same thing? Don't bother mentioning it now... I'm sure all you'll get is... "------ing canooks. Oh well, not my problem."

Before you start blaming other countires for violence, make sure you take a good, hard look at your own. We all have our problems.

4. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

Then why are you posting in this thread? If you don't care about 32 (not counting the gunman) people being murdered in the USA's worst shooting in history, then leave.

5. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

What I think is even more pathetic than the guy who went berserk is the lack of security and control they have there. I mean, it took the campus police took 2 hours to respond after the first shooting and then they failed to stop the shooter. I also find it somewhat silly that a lot of media channels held back the description of the killer because he's Asian. You bet your ass if he was Caucasian, they would show him in a heart-beat. No matter what race, you should always share this info. What if he got away from the campus? How the heck would we know what he looks like if they hide his identity? The Liberal media once again overdoes this racial respect stuff. Also, I am curious to how the heck the guy got so much ammo through campus security. Think about it: he was said to be armed with two 9mm standard handguns - probably Glocks. In theory, a single mag can hold somewhere between 12 and 15 shots, making 24-30 rounds per pair of Glocks. To kill 33 people - counting the probability of misses and multiple round homicides - I would assume he had to bring in numerous of pre-loaded mags. How did he smuggle all that in?

6. domkantthink

domkantthink Well-Known Member

Although people may say it was a lack of security, i say....can any school be TRULY prepared for this sort of thing? I mean especially at a school as large as this one. If you were to be TRULY prepared there would be one security guard for every one student. But thats not practical now is it? Either what what happened was a terrible thing. I live in Colorado and i remember the columbine shootings vividly even though i was somewhat young. Its just a terrible thing to happen to anyone, anywhere. Too bad some people have a very self centered point of view. Hopefully they can find something that can correct that for them so they can feel some sort of remorse for these people.

My condolences to the families and victims.

RIP

7. .infeQion

.infeQion Well-Known Member

Thats fine if you don't like my opinion. We don't have everyone over here carrying guns and we aren't shooting people. Americas shootings compared to Canadas are WAYY different. We have freedom of arms too, and you dont see us shooting people in colleges.
    [snapback]3680925[/snapback]​
    [/quote]
    Do we really need to explain why canada is so safe? If so i will because Canada doesn't put themselves into any hostile situations. But wait, if i am correct wasn't there a college shooting in canada just a few months back? One other reason why this happen is because Virginia has only one gun law and that is you can only purchase one gun per month. You don't need an I.D, license or anything. Also the campus was wide open not very secure at all. When i was watching the press conference earlier in the day while the president of the university was talking i cringed while he was saying that they can't have police officers standing infront of each classroom. In which if he was smart he would have said we should have maybe one or two security guards per building patrolling the area. I dont know if they have this now but i know my sisters college does. They should have student I.D cards which you need to use to get into like your dorn building ect. I guess that Governor of Virginia is gonna have to somethin about this gun law before it happens again.

8. CaptainPeanuts

CaptainPeanuts Senior Member

I'm not sure if you live in Virginia or not, but your gun law is a bit askew. You do need an I.D. to purchase a handgun, and you need a background check as well. I know this because I own 4 guns myself. And here in Virginia Beahc with all of the military here, you can still purchase a gun without a Virginia issued state ID. However, you do need a copy of your military orders as well as a military ID. Also, feel free to read my post a couple posts up from yours. I highlighted 2 stories. So much for their views on a "non-college shooting" Canada eh?

@White Tiger: The reason they haven't released his identity is simple. It's not because he's Asain. It's because of the lack of facial features he had after he blew himself away. Combine that with the fact that he had ZERO forms of ID on him. That makes it kind of difficult to ID anyone. If you're missing a face, and have no ID, it won't matter if you're black, white, asian, or timbuktooan (sp?), a positive ID ain't gonna happen.

9. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

You make a good point, but what about the description provided by one of the witnesses? A local news journalist interviewed him and he clearly mentioned that he was Asian. I know its pointless if the face was blown away in the end, but the police didn't find the body until late in the case. I will admit my theory was somewhat flawed, but wasn't the information released before he was found dead? I just think it wasn't leaked until late or after he was found cause it was seen as somewhat pointless after that.

10. Mathijs.Design

Mathijs.Design Well-Known Member

wtf is up with you, you'd be talking differently if a gun wouldve been pointed towards you on your school, and when you would lose countless of friends.
    R.I.P. innocent students.

11. GofC

GofC Well-Known Member

This is sooo sad, I feal sorry for the parents of the killed.. The little ***** took his own life also, what a puzzy.

12. ikky

ikky Senior Member

It is very sad such an event happend.

Unfortunatly this will soon be forgotten like the last one, and the one before that untill another one pops up to refresh our memories, its sad, not only innocent people lost thier lives but that we as a large body of people from all walks of life wont learn from it.

Not enough is done in the U.S to prevent guns comming into the hands of unstable people and teenagers, prehaps its because companies run the country, with media being one of the biggest influences in the U.S government and when incidents like the occurr the 4th branch of the government ( media ) sell more papers, get more viewers and scoop up " exclusives".

Let us all learn a valuble lesson from this.

R.I.P To all the lost souls.

Merged Post:

As for the I.D i doubt they will release to the media that name of the killer, it will eventually get to the media but for the sake of the killers family i doubt the authorities will be releasing it.

13. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Let's see. In the jacket and clothing that I'm wearing today, I can conceal:
    (Jacket)
    - One Glock 19 automatic pistol
    - All four magazines for that weapon that I own (17 rounds/magazine)
    - A 4-inch blade folding knife
    - A Ka-Bar knife (7 inch blade)

(Jeans)
    - One Taurus .38 revolver (I can fit the Glock, but I do not have another)
    - 8 speed loaders containing six rounds each
    - A 3-inch blade folding knife

And, if I really wanted to, I could stick a small revolver like my Taurus at my ankle and use my jeans for another (larger) automatic, but where I'm living, I do not have that available. If I were somewhere else, my .45 would take a place in the jacket and the Glock would move to my jeans.

Oh, the wonders of concealed carry. Theoretically, I could carry 200+ rounds, though that number moves around as weapons are added and removed.

As for the Blame-Americans/Blame-Guns crowd: by your logic, since "all of us" own guns, why aren't there hundreds of shootings like this each day? It's not the gun, not the nationality (the shooter was a Chinese national on a student visa), it's the individual. Banning guns won't solve anything; where there's a will, there's a way, and all you're disarming are the law-abiding citizens (as if a bunch of criminals are going to say "hey, look, I broke the law!" and turn their stuff in -- criminal record = no legal weapon). And I'll guarantee you that criminals everywhere have firearms, Canada, the UK, Europe, and everywhere else included. The reason they don't happen is because there's not some ------ed up individual willing to do it. This could have happened anywhere.

14. lektus

lektus Member

Terrible thing. :(

I live in australia, yet even here, getting hands on guns isn't that hard. One of our main massacres involved a person who joined a gun club 6 months earlier, and thats how he obtained his weapon.

I really hope these violent shootings don't happen again, theres no need for them. And it has been said the man shot himself, bringing the death count to 33. Also, he was apparently a 24/26 (Can't remember) year old Chinese male.

R.I.P

15. [ThC]Mami

[ThC]Mami Well-Known Member

The Video is here : http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.htm...g.barghouti.cnn

Thanks for all the posts and condolences

The identy of the shooter is now released too:

Police disclose.
    http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.htm....gunman.id.wdbj

thnx all for the prays and thinks, my condolences to the victims and parents. let this never happen again, we dont want a 3th columbine