Viewsonci Vx922 Finally Mine!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fuRiouS_, Sep 7, 2006.

1. fuRiouS_

fuRiouS_ Well-Known Member

Well Id like to say ive been waiting about a month to get this monitor since ive had other things on my mind. And I must say, I am very impressed by it (its also a huge step up from my 15" gateway lcd).
    Now on to the pictures!

-First impressions (Box)
    [​IMG]
    As you can see there is a dent in the top left but nobody is perfect (fedex shipping). Luckily there was no damage what-so-ever to anything inside.

-Full frontal view
    [​IMG]
    Wow, Im really spechless. Its perfect size for me and im so happy to be back to 19". Menu buttons are nicely placed right below the logo as they should be.

-Side view
    [​IMG]
    No as thin as other LCD's ive seen but it grenerates minial heat and you dont even realize its about 2.5" wide.

-Comparison picture
    [​IMG]
    Big step up from my old 15" gateway, definitely worth the money for the vx922.

-Back view (cable managing)
    [​IMG]
    Not much to say but i thought it would be nice to add a back picture. Wires were kind of stiff at first but once loosened cabling is easy.

-Final view
    [​IMG]
    Theres a huge glare but the image without the flash was too dark. Not much effort needed to install (doh) but there is a little tweaking involved once you get to your desktop, factory defaults are a little too bright so lowering contrast and brightness down to half fixes this.

-Conclusion
    I would definitely recommend this montior to anyone who games or just wants a cool monitor. With the 2ms there is no ghosting and minial tearing, you might run into a little blacklight bleeding from what ive heard and maybe a dead pixel here or there. Ill update in a week or so on how it performs in games, movies etc.. So in the mean time tell me what you think of new monitor!

2. gh0stz

gh0stz Well-Known Member

yeah man this monitor is super sexy. its on sale for under 300 for anyone who lives remotely close to pacific mall in toronto.

3. Sivartus

Sivartus Well-Known Member

Hell yea, nice monitor man, same one ima get.

4. Jammie

Jammie Well-Known Member

Hmm, I've been looking to get a new monitor. A 15 inch is too small for gaming (but it has a good response time of 8ms). I was looking at a 19 inch. Is it good for gaming, if so I might consider getting one.

5. fuRiouS_

It is 'the' best for gaming.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

i wouldn't say that viewsonic is the best, but they are pretty dang good.

beleive it or not Dell has some decent monitors.

I find it hard to beleive myself, DELL(the epitomy of low grade garbage)

7. radrodant

radrodant Well-Known Member

Dell's LCD monitors are great, and there are sometimes deals for the largest one...24 inch i think

8. fuRiouS_

I agree xelink, dell does make great 21"+ monitors but they have high ms, usally ranging from 12ms-25ms. In this case the VX922 blows 90% of all monitors out of the water, the only other one I see fit would be the BenQ FP93GX. (all in terms of gaming)