Video Camera Info

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Urgentos, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Urgentos

Urgentos Well-Known Member

Me and one of my friends decided that we were going to start making videos, and putting them on youtube. Our only problem is, we don't have a video camera. =P

Anyway, what I need is, a camera capable of shooting mostly inside, with quality picture. Sometimes we might be shooting outside, but not as much. (So something that works in and outside well, would be awesome.) I also need it to be able to put videos on my computer (Dell Dimension -_-)

I know absolutely nothing about video cameras personally, and neither does my friend. If anyone could help me with this, it'd be great.

(Real quick over-view):
    I need a camera that:
    1.Has quality picture inside and outside.
    2.Can oad videos onto my computer that can be edited.
    3.Must be compatible with a Dell Dimension 2400.
    4.I'd prefer it to capture motion pretty well.
    5.And I'd like it to be at a decent price. Does not need to be dirt cheap, but I don't want to spend in the 1000's for it.

Sorry that I am such a noob when it comes to this, but if someone could give me a few suggestions, that'd be very cool. Maybe even show me a few videos you have caught with your camera?

Thanks guys.

2. DraveN

DraveN Senior Member

moved to tech section

3. Urgentos

Thanks for the move, my bad.

Just mentioning, the camera would probably need to be between 200-400 bucks.

4. Nitsuj

Nitsuj Senior Member

Well there are some nice Mini DV cameras that go from about 300ish-1k+

These came are easily compatible with your comp. you just need a Firewire to connect cam to USB.

Look at some places like Best Buy and Circuit City and ask people what the best camera would be.

5. Urgentos

Only problem is, I don't really live near a Best Buy, so I planned on ordering it off the internet.

But maybe I'll take a trip out, who knows? I just didn't know if anyone here was camera-smart and could help me out.