Ventrillo Issue

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by -QuickSilver-, Apr 4, 2007.

1. -QuickSilver-

-QuickSilver- Senior Member

Hi all, i downloaded vent today, installed everything.. figured out how i can connect to a server but i can't figure out how to use the mic of my headset. which every key i use in the setup window to talk, it doesn't work. But when i test it and hold the key - it records - when i let go of the key it stops recording and i hear myself repeated..

don't know if you understand my problem? i'm not that good at explaining things -.-'

any care to help me out?

thx in advance ^^

2. azn_rebel99

azn_rebel99 Well-Known Member

ummm... so vent doesnt recognize ur mic right? if that is so, connect to a server and ignore the message. go to setup and check "use direct sound" above "input device" and find the mic in the dropdown box. once you've done that go to "hardware input mixer" and under "mixer" select your mic from the dropdown box. this should let vent recognize your mic. now, on the left side you will find a column of boxes you can check. check the top three which are "enable outgoing voice coms" "use push to talk key" and "use directinput to detect hotkey" now, to setup a hotkey, click inside the white box next to "hotkey" and pres any button you want for your push to talk key. mine is caps lock so it will say "CAPITAL" now once its finished press ok and reconnect to the server. that should fix it. =]]

3. -QuickSilver-

-QuickSilver- Senior Member

thx for ur reply, helped me alot to begin with

but i can't select any button in the following window

Following window

4. azn_rebel99

azn_rebel99 Well-Known Member

oh, its not a new window. lemme show you =]]

[​IMG]
    click in that white box and press the button you want for your push to talk key. Mine is set at caps lock. so ya.