Veganism/vegitarian?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shangri-la, Aug 8, 2007.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

yes the eat a steak comment was childish. Conversely we both have a similar sense of humor and hey, I got a laugh out of it... I'm just giving you a hard time and didn't think you'de take it so personally, you know I hold nothing against you.

it basically comes down to ones value systems.
    I value my personal sustainability over that of an animal. I find that humanity is more important than the beasts. The only animal conservation I believe in is that which generates spill-over benefits to humanity.

FYI in lot of places people eat dogs. Dogs are pretty damn stupid from my experience. I'm not saying that I don't love my own dogs, I'm just saying that they're damn stupid. Also a majority of the meat eaten comes either form poultry or from bovine.

2. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

The problem doesn't lie in who's right or who's wrong.

It lies in the fact that most don't care to keep their diets to themselves.

You don't eat meat, you think animals are treated cruelly, etc. etc. etc. Good on you! Keep it to yourself. Me, the guy that doesn't think the same as you, doesn't need the ads every other page in the paper. I, the person that doesn't believe the same as you, doesn't need your PETA 'Love me, don't eat me' stickers all over my locker or car. It's common courtesy, not a question of right or wrong. THAT is the point that most meat-eaters make in these discussions.

Most of us don't think you're idiots for believing what you believe. We do, however, think you're idiots when you start off on your moral crusade, trying to shove your PETA leaflets down our throats and going out of your way to make sure we don't enjoy a f**king steak without hearing your banter. Most of us have heard your arguments more than enough. We've probably already looked at them and made up our minds. Give us the f**king information and leave it at that. We'll make our own choices, just as you did. Telling us we're all heartless f**ks because we don't believe as you do only serves to f**k up the already-s**t reputation your cause has in my eyes. I can count on one hand the vegans/vegetarians I've met that haven't tried to shove it down my throat in one way, shape, or form. None of you here are one of them. Think about that next time before you try to take the moral high ground.

It's ridiculous some of the arguments I hear. Hearing 'oh, you'll just get fatter if you eat meat.' from a person that has maybe fifty pounds on me and less than half the muscle mass I do doesn't really come off all that well, don't you think? Telling me a strictly vegan diet is healthier than a balanced diet which includes meat (as well as the other food groups) is utter bulls**t no matter which way you look at it. How do you think an animal raised purely for slaughter is going to fend in the wild? What kind of illusions do you hold about that? They don't have the capacity to survive, the animals raised for slaughter--they've never experienced it, and are nothing more than easy prey for those that do know how to survive.

Come to think of it, they never know what's beyond the area they were raised and the slaughterhouse. For them, they're living out their normal lives, inhumane as it may seem to you. Ever think of that? They don't know any more, don't you realize it? No doctored-up photograph from PETA's Kentucky Fried Cruelty handouts is going to change that, no matter how hard you try. They like to preach about how cruelly they're killed, etc. etc. etc.--BULLS**T. A shotgun shell goes through the base of the cow's neck. Its brain doesn't have a chance to register the pain. Most methods of death are a hell of a lot easier on the animals than you may think--they're instant, a death which most humans don't even get.

You can preach your morals all you want, but when you get down to it, you're no different. You're slowly killing us all when you drive your cars. You're wasting our water, electricity, and natural resources with your computer, never mind the others needed to keep you on the internet. The foods you eat also cause the suffering of animals, only animals you just don't happen to eat. Countless chemicals are pumped into the air each and every day just by the things needed to let you go about your comfortable day. Those chemicals cause mutations and birth defects and deaths in those animals you're trying to protect.

Unless you're on a farm using primitive tools, growing your own food, plowing your own land by hand, and using no modern appliances, you're a hypocrite. You're pissing all over what you're trying to stand for by being a vegan/vegetarian. Saying you're doing all you can to prevent suffering is like me saying I'll only eat meat 364 days out of the year in an attempt to limit that same suffering. But you're not. Instead, you're sitting in your comfortable home, leaving in your comfortable car to go to your comfortable school and your comfortable shopping market, slowly killing us and the animals you're trying to save in the process. And then, ignoring that fact, you'll get onto the internet and post on a forum about how we're all going to hell because we eat meat. You're no different from those you're trying so hard to damn. And yet I'm not taking out a full page ad in the f**king morning paper to tell you that you're all f**king murders and f**king hypocrites are living out a lie. Would you like it if I did?

We don't make it a point to influence your lives, your morals, or your diet. Return the favor. You think you deserve respect, knowing full well that you're no different than those you're saying you're above? Get off your horse.

3. IonMirage

IonMirage Well-Known Member

I'm not vegetarian but
    Are vegetarians allowed to drink milk, and eat egg,and/or products that contain them?

4. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Most vegetarians will eat eggs and drink milk, and I've know quite a few that will eat fish or even chicken. Vegans don't use any product that 'caused an animal to suffer.' So, if they find out that, say, a soap has animal parts in it, they probably won't use it.

5. bnoc450

bnoc450 Active Member

the animals are still gonan die so people could eat them, people have been eating meat forever so y stop? pretty stupid to me, enjoy it while you can!

6. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Well that'd work out great, but unfortunately, we're not allowed to do that anymore because there's a growing segment of society that thinks itself better than the rest of us and as such won't let us enjoy a burger without telling us we're going to hell.

7. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Oh shut it ferret.
    I haven't once said that i'm a better person for being a vegetarian (in my own eyes, i am, but i don't go around whining, like some of the meat eaters in this topic HAVE done). Just because you've had some bad experiences with vegetarians doesn't mean we're all like it. And just look around you, all your meat-eating buddies are saying how great it is to eat meat. Hypocrite.

Why does it have to be so negative all the time? If you're not a veggie than stay out of this topic and just shut the ------ up if you don't know a thing about veganism/vegetarianism.

And whats all this PETA crap anyway? I live in Belgium, you morons. I don't know a thing about peta, so quit whining about that.

Just look at my signature. Thats all you need to know. Last post in this thread.

8. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

The original post in this thread: what are your thoughts for veganism? (doesn't eat any animal products or meats)'

You're sure?

This stuff sure sounds like it:

'Again, are you 2 or haven't you ever heard of the word "education"?
    Humans are animals. If thats the best post you can come up with, please don't post in this thread. Its quite obvious you don't know a lot..'

'So please, go ahead, eat eat eat. That will be one less meat-eater to convert.'

'For the poster of the comment above me : Did your mommy have to turn on the computer and type that? Because if your comment equals what you actually think, i find it hard to believe you can operate a toothpick, let alone a computer.'

'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
    You might want to throw in a "yo mamma"- joke just to make it even more original.'

'(i shouldn't really lower myself to your level)'

'I'd just like to add that this thread is pointless. The meat-eaters in this thread are doing the exact same thing as they accuse vegetarians of doing, glorifying their diet.
    So, please, stop posting your 1950's slogan, hunter-talk and ignorant comments if you only know the basics about vegetarianism.
    + This thread proves that vegetarians have to point out to people what they're ideas are, every meat-eater doesn't know a thing about vegetarianism. The only things you can come up with are slogans or ridiculous arguments that aren't true.'

'Yesterday, the Yangtze river dolphin was declared extinct. Guess who caused it to be extinct? Yep, you fish/meat eaters. Glad I don't feel guilty wink.gif'

'Well if you're going to be like that I'm going to ignore you.'

'Well, I don't know how old you are, but guessing from that comment i'd say 2/3.'

Your general attitude through the thread proves otherwise.

P.S.: PETA is People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They're probably the largest vegan group in the United States, and in my use, they are synonymous with any group that's passing out fliers and slapping 'Meat is Murder' stickers all over the place. You of all people should know it.

9. Isei

Isei Member

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter. If we don't eat the cows, some random wolf will.

10. ThugRider

ThugRider Well-Known Member

I'm not a vegetarian because I don't like the animals being tortured.

I'm a vegetarian because I think it is healthier, and as a bonus, we're not harming animals.

And when we don't keep our diets to ourselves, that would be because we would like to get passed our point of view on why is being a vegetarian a good thing. And it is. We all have hope for something to improve in the world, don't we? If we think that that by being a vegetarian we can improve something, it's natural that we try and convert other people into doing the same. We're not trying to brag or anything. We're just helping everybody. Even if you don't like we insisting a lot, I think that the ends justify the means.

And for the record, I didn't know anything about PETA. In fact in real life, most of the times I don't really feel confortable about saying I'm a vegetarian. There's always some idiot thats going to ask a stupid question or comment. Except girls. They usually really like that. I defend the idea but I kinda keep it to myself too.

I supose that that is all.