Veganism/vegitarian?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shangri-la, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Shangri-la

Shangri-la Well-Known Member

lol morv that is kinda cruel XD but eh it is amusing none the less

2. dinges

dinges Senior Member

you are wrong morv :P it says for every animal you don't eat, he will eat three, that means he will eat 3 times as much meat as he does normally, meaning something like 3 hamburgers, or 6 chickenlegs a day....

btw I still don't mind vegans :P

3. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

It says animals.

4. dinges

dinges Senior Member

yes, it says: for every animal you don't eat, I'm gonna eat three, unless you ate a cow a day, he only has to eat three times as much as you did

5. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Do you know how many plants died for your salad?

6. AG Mountaineer

AG Mountaineer Well-Known Member

Becoming vegetarian seems ridiculous to me to be perfectly honest. If everyone were to quit eating meat, the economy would collapse, cows, pigs, chicken, etc. would probably begin to overpopulate, and besides, in eating all veggies you can't be getting the proper nutrition I would think.

7. Shangri-la

lol that was great XD but unfortunately i hate salads :P lol

8. Henri

Henri Well-Known Member

Humans are built as omnivores ( plant/meat eaters) not single you need meat for youre daily proteine.

9. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

In all honesty, humans are as much a part of the animal kingdom as a hawk is to a snake, or a lion to a gazelle.

We can a) hunt animals in their natural habitat, like every other carnivore does, or B) mass create animals for the sole purpose of feeding the world, and leave the natural habitat to its own bidding with enough hunting to keep the population in order.

One way or another, regardless of how much more intellictually superior we think we are to the other animals of the planet, we ARE animals, just a much more sophisticated form of them (from what we understand of other species) and our job in the food chain is being a large predator, of all species, including ourselves (see: war).

Killing another animal for food is how every. single. generation. has lived since the primordial ages, with the exception ofc of herbavores, whom can survive purely on plants (which, are also 'animals' scientifically speaking, btw), the only difference now is we process our food so we get MORE food out of the same amount of animals killed (IE, feed them lots of nutrients / proteins to fatten them up before killing them). Yes, its slightly cruel, but I would much rather know the comfort of being able to buy my meat at a grocery store rather than going into the woods and shooting a deer and then skinning it, cooking it, preserving / drying the skin, etc.

See what I mean? One way or another, the food chain works as it has since it began, the only difference now is were making our killing more efficient and in most ways beneficial to the habitat.

10. jjfreight

jjfreight Well-Known Member

Amen.

Also, I doubt any other predator thinks about how humanely it's killing its prey.

11. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan. I don't plan on becoming one.

The majority of them are some of the most high-minded assholes out there. They go on for hours about how they're healthier than us (I don't have any health problems. Neither do my parents. Neither do my grandparents [80s]. We've all eaten meat all our lives), they've got better morals than us, and that we, meat eaters, are all Satanists because we had a steak for dinner instead of some tofu burger.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041107084521/...food/vegan.html

Why is it right to kill a mouse and not the cow? Is it because there's only a couple million animals a year being killed instead of a billion or so? Is it because it's somehow unintentional? Don't use the argument that there's less being killed by your diet; it places a value on those lives you're trying to save and it goes against what you should be believing as a vegetarian/vegan, that you're there to prevent the suffering of all animals, not just the ones that people eat.

What about the water? I see the 5000+ gallons per pound of beef/20 gallons per pound of wheat statistic a lot. So, 'logically,' PETA and other like-minded organizations and people say that you're conserving by being a vegan/vegetarian. Humans use around a million gallons per year. Why isn't PETA passing out free condoms, supporting birth control, or trying to persuade mothers to abort their kids or not have more than one? Cars use around 40,000 a year in manufacturing alone (not counting the gas stations and the water it takes to keep them running, the boats/manufacturing thereof that it took to bring that car to you, or the water used in pavement). Not only do they waste more water than a pound of beef, they also spout tons of toxins into the air, which kill even more animals, take down their habitats, and even help kill millions of people every year. The computer you're using uses tons of electricity, never mind the millions more required to keep you on the internet. You're still consuming tons of electricity. You're still consuming tons of water. You're still taking down countless habitats of the animals you're trying so hard to save. Most of it is completely preventable. Never mind those little hypocrisies, somebody's trying to enjoy a burger and you'll be damned if you'll let them without sprouting off your propaganda.

And though you'll just bring up the fact that I, a meat eater, am involved in this too:

- I'm not protesting on your street corner with 'MEAT IS MURDER' signs
    - I'm not placing stickers all over your s**t telling you to eat meat
    - I'm not paying for ads in newspapers and magazines and on TV pushing my agenda
    - I'm not pointing out the hypocrisies you're involved in every time you take a bite of your meat-free salad or your tofu burger
    - I'm not here telling you that you're an idiot/ignorant/a dumbass/uneducated/a murderer on a forum because you're a vegan/vegetarian

I'm not protesting the fact that somebody eats differently than me. I'm not insulting them. I'm not trying to shove my agenda down their throat in some sort of moral crusade to limit the suffering of animals, though I contribute to far more suffering by just going about my daily life than I do by eating a steak for dinner. You are. Return the f**king favor.

12. Shangri-la

lol nicely said :) but sounds like u got a lil over worked XD

13. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

I don't go to the bitch and preach to her about how healthy a steak is, yet she complains to me about how healthy ------ing vegetables are while "meat is murder". I don't ------ing care if it is murder. And if that what it is than murder tastes good.

And yes it is orgasmic. I cream everytime I eat a steak.

14. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Hitler was a vegetarian. Nice to know he cared about animals. Nice man, trying to save the planet and all.

15. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

I just lol'd pretty hard.

as a matter of fact, sig'd.

EDIT: I changed my mind.