Uni Project - Web Site Design

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by .crimeFX, Jan 14, 2009.

1. .crimeFX

.crimeFX Well-Known Member

well we got a task to make a game and i took designer role. so 3 hours later, i came up with web site design. it's just a first attempt so most likely i am going to make around 3 different sites.

link: http://mytestserver.50webs.com/

would like some input on this, preferably from other web designers.

2. Ravr

Ravr _______________

looks nice man :)

3. Psvertjuh

Psvertjuh NotYourMonkeyNotYourRobot

Looks good, I'dd change the font of the slogan though, somthing like arial would look better then new times roman you got now ... The background-image stops right before the footer, don't really like that look, I would just let it go on behind the footer ...

4. .crimeFX

5. Reserection.

Reserection. Guest

backgrounds meant to stop by the footer, you could make it some matching colors, i would use Tahoma for your font or Vernda, Franklin Gothic works wonders for buttons and for your background its nice but is there going to be more than just what you got?

Arial is more for your text typing info like latest news whats going on etc.. the fonts i typed are for your banner text, stand out text go with them they work, times new roman is not a text to use in webdesign that much unless you want it for a nice blog, myrid --- works well for standard highlighting, and make use of guidelines and sketch ur ideas out before you start to work on the designs, use eye catchy colors, use a limited use of red dont over do it like i did, use some scan lines from deviantart

Keep your navigation size limited and keep your search bar close to it dont try and do anything unique expecially if this is for customers, they will not know how to make their way around the site to make a purchase or how to get back, make sure you have a age group, 10 - 20 use some nice grey text colors and make it flashy, 30 - 50 use dark colors not too dark but dark enough so their eyes dont get hurt looking at the colorful stuff, make use of ads in your site as each time someone clicks an ad ur get 5c from google.

Here is some sites to fill your inspiration (bestwebgallery.com, cssremix.com, cssvault.com) all are just gallieries people put up to inspire people

Quote from Sinthux

6. .crimeFX

[/b][/quote]

Thanks but some stuff isn't really relevant to this project. It wont have to be online, i just need to put it on disk and show them the game. I have a lot of inspirational sites on my pc ( around 1k maybe ? ). The problem with me is preserving and finding nice colours that go well together. I use things like kuler, but sometimes it doesn't turn out too well. anyway, next year i am changing my course to web design and i am gonna find out more about this.

7. Reserection.

Reserection. Guest

look at a color wheel they help so much colors that are oposite somtimes work well

Blue and yellow are good
    Red and yellow
    Black and anything
    Blue white black red
    all these are good hit me up on msn (in my profile) ill try and help you out with colors and such

8. .crimeFX

thanks :) i was never good with colours, even in art classes most of my work was 100% better before i added colours. Never too late to learn isn't it ?

9. Brandon W

Brandon W Well-Known Member

Wow, I quite like this. The background images is great how it seperates from the center to both sides then you have the gray window, it looks great. Another simple little thing I noticed is you set the background colour to black with a gray on the image for the background. Nice looking :)