Uefa Champions League Final

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luno, May 15, 2006.

1. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

The red did the right thing with sending the keeper of. Well, he COULD hae played advantage but that would probaly also be Arsenals advantage, Lehman DID foul and in proper match rules he should have been sent of, the ref was doing his job. And their first goal was offside? The linesman had a semi decent view, and if he was offside it was only JUST offside, you do realise its not easy to tell in the middle of a game?

2. David1

David1 Member

Well you can understand that. But in the final of the Champions League, the best club competition in the world - there is no room for errors.

3. Wittlez

Wittlez Well-Known Member

amazing game

i would kill myself if i was that goalie

4. craggyp

craggyp Well-Known Member

you're right broken, he was completely at fault. the commentators seemed to think the whistle came late and that they could have allowed the goal and let the game go. it all comes down to a ref, and in the end, he made the right decision, although it kinda made the game a foregone conclusion. the refs seemed a bit off all game, calls when there shouldn't have been, no calls when there should have. however, that's part of soccer. personally, I like the human factor. almost every sport in america has some sort of video review, it's taken the human factor out of the game. part of a sport is dealing with the ups and downs. either way, it was an exciting match and I enjoyed watching it. all congratulations are due to barcelona, they played well all game and arsenal just couldn't hold them off.

5. dubya26

dubya26 Active Member

i would have rather had them allow the goal and keep Lehman in the game with even numbers, the 2nd goal Barca scored was such a fluke it makes me want to vomit

Arsenal was clearly the better team at the start of the match, until teh Lehman incident......we'll never know now who would have won if it was 11v11

6. .Imagin

.Imagin Active Member

Yer FCB 2 Arsenal 1 haha FCB rock (im a fan of them xD) but arsenal played good but lehman was a litte dumb to get the red card

7. Spencer24

Spencer24 New Member

yeh being a barcelona i loved the match but the ref was utter crap, wouldve been better if lehmann wasnt sent off and the goal was given. :)

8. AM Nielz

AM Nielz Well-Known Member

They weren't robbed at all. And it wás a red card - he should have make it advanaage tho

9. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

il have to agree arsenal got robbed and everyone knows it, the ref was a joke ok not playin advantage was an alright, but wtf the ref was scared of fcb and just snapped at the first chance

"I would have liked to have taken a few more seconds before I made a decision," Hauge told a Norwegian newspaper.
    source bbc.co.uk

10. Fr0sty

Fr0sty Well-Known Member

I hoped Arsenal would win but Barcelona was the better team! Arsenal wasnt robbed of anything. Henrik Larsson was a big factor why Barca won. He assisted both goals, the pass before the second goal was very nice!

11. Luchese

Luchese Well-Known Member

It was a graet match only too bad that barca won..

12. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

barca wasnt the better team, the ref was a one sided little tw@t im not even a arsenal fan, liverpool all the way, he only seemed to show his red and yellow cards when an arsenal player made a minor or no mistake

13. SuprXer0

SuprXer0 Well-Known Member

great match indeed :D

the referee sucked tbh, i don't know why lehman gets a red card...i think barca deserved it to win cuz arsenal defended only on this score 1-1

14. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Lehman completely deserved the red card. And the ref didn't do bad, you cant get EVERY single decision right. He gave one un-deserving yellow card and didnt give one when there should have been. Arsenal didnt deserve to win, by the end of the game they were basically destroyed, Barca were picking away at them all the time. And you cant exactly say the Lehman incdent was overly important, I mean, Arsenal did score AFTER the incident.

15. Rallypacker

Rallypacker Senior Member

Yep, he did the right thing but he kinda destroyed the game... Anyways, Barca won when Larsson got in... He assisted booth goals... :D