Twilight

Discussion in 'Movies' started by The Vengeance, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

First off... let me just say that I prefer Bella. I admit that scene upset me, but I didn't care for it to happen either.

I would have been fine either way. I also have to admit that I couldn't put the book down for the last 100 pages because I didn't know what was going to happen.

But if you could, somewhat edit your post so that you don't give anything away. Spoilers suck.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Wow Rena. I didn't know you were into reading chick books :P

My wife is all into this. I will watch it, but not until the dvd comes out. I never read the books and will probably just watch the movies.

3. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

They aren't just 'chick books'. Ask Dem. He admitted to reading them and I believe he enjoyed them (correct me if I'm wrong Dem).

Can't knock it 'till you read it.

I was annoyed by the obsession my friends had for the series, so I decided I needed to read it to prove that it was pointless and annoying. But unnexpectantly I really liked them.

What can I say.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

LOL, I am just giving you crap. I am not a book reader, so I will probably never read them. I will watch the movie when it comes out on DVD. So you didn't like the movie Rena?

5. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

No I actually really liked the movie.

They changed a bit too much and included some things that should not have been included in the first movie. Things that have nothing to do with the movie until the 3rd or 4th book. So I don't get that part.

I thought the characters were spot on, except a few of the unimportant ones. Edward, Bella, and Jacob (main characters) were exactly how I pictured them. And the actors and actress who portrayed them did so perfectly. (at least how I pictured them acting in my head)

I thought it was great.

But I can also say that if I didn't read the books, I would have thought the movie was just mediocre. So I'm glad I read the books.

6. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

My friend read ALL the books and she called me saying she just saw the movie and felt nausea and wanted to throw up after watching it (mind you, she didn't even eat anything during the movie).

Well, she talked to me the next day, and she told me as soon as she got off the phone, she threw up outside the car window.

....where's my Anne Rice and Bram Stoker vampire books...

7. MerDeNoms

MerDeNoms Well-Known Member

The movie was pretty good, surprisingly...

8. drako55

drako55 Member

nice review ;P nothing beats the books though..