Tupac V B.i.g

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ikky, May 19, 2007.

1. br0k3nm3

br0k3nm3 Well-Known Member

i dont listen to rap ... but ofcourse i know tupacs songs and like them :)
    but imo ...
    tupac would be king cause well even i know him but i have no clue who biggie is :S ... lol
    maybe thats normal for someone that doesnt listen to rap music though lol :)

2. joyceey

joyceey Senior Member

Tupac was the king!! biggie was a fat :censored: bum who slept on tupacs couch and fed off his scraps then turned on his teacher tupac
    RIP tupac the lyrical poet, filmstar, father to a generation :D

3. ikky

ikky Senior Member

Tupac and Bigg were home boys till Tupac was shot in '95' on bigg's turff, he was robed and shot.
    Then bigg said he didnt know who did it and people where telling Tupac that " you aint know who shot you?, bigg does and they braging " ... thats what ended the friendship and started the war between badboy ent and death row records.

Ultimatly the war of words would see them both slain, Tupac on 13th of September 1996 and Bigg on march 7th 1997.

Hit em up for ever. classic battle track by tupac outline it all.

4. .Menace

.Menace Well-Known Member

'Hit'em Up' is the sickest diss song ever... lol

5. Lennox

Lennox Well-Known Member

Tupacs my fav, biggys in second.

Similar reasons to what you said. Also his lyrics showed a whole new world to the rest of America who kept turning a blind eye. He brought all the issues out into the mainstream. He talked about real issues, and try to come up with solutions. He has put out way more music than biggy, and is much more diverse in his lyrics.

Biggy beats Tupac in flow, punchlines, and they're pertty equal at freestyling (just listen to the 95 MSG freestyle with kane, scoob, shaheim, tupac, and biggy). Biggy has one of the illest flows EVER. But his lyrics talk about the same old stuff, that everyone does. Guns, Drugs, Murder, Violence. They were still good songs, but hes not that diverse. And he only put out 2 albums. Whereas Tupac is still coming out with albums, even if the producers keep butchering his music.

Hit em up is not the sickest diss song ever. Who Shot Ya - Biggy and Ether - Nas and 300 Bars are all better diss tracks.

6. BiG-ReD

BiG-ReD Well-Known Member

2pac is and will be for awhile the king of rap lol

7. EBK

EBK Senior Member

i would suggest everyone watch Thug Angle, and listen to what Shock G says about 2Pac :D

what he says sums it all fo me :D

8. ikky

ikky Senior Member

When i mentioned Biggys flow i ment in that cruzzy sense, tupacs a fast flowing artist.... just bam bam ... and his stuff flows less because its more well thought out, its not about linking and multi's its about the message. But ambitions as a ridah has a awsome flow.

I havnt seen Thug Angle, i cant get my hands on it ... i got ressurection, tupac ( it has all his live preformances + the last one he did for house of blues ) i got " welcome to death row " and a few more .... gotta see thug angle.

9. Lennox

Lennox Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-2I07UM_EA
    Theres the 95 MSG freestyle for those who havent heard. Tupac, Biggy, Big Daddy kane, Scoob, and Shyheim.

Scoob:
    -They wouldnt pick you even if you had an afro
    -Like cypress hills, ya womans sane, I shoot a hole in your toe, make ya jump like -the house of pain

Biggy
    -I got 7 mac 11's, about 8 38's, 9 9's, 10 mac 10's, the ----s never end, ya cant touch my riches, even if ya had MC hammer and them 357 bitches.
    -oh my god, Im droppin ---- like a pigeon, I hope ya listenin, im smackin babys like a christening

Tupac
    -No real sick punchlines, wasnt his thing. Flows allright, but mostly yelling. Thats where where biggy beats him.

10. ikky

ikky Senior Member

Once, " beats" him once.

He kills bigg in " ------ da Po-po ", Hit em up ", " against all odds" , " ride on our enemys exten version" and many more.

Freestyle is over rated, i would rather be a well thought out lyracist then a freestyle champ any day. Tupac kills B.I.G any day, for the simple fact he had purpose, N.W.A is credited with starting gangsta rap, but tupac over shaddows them because he not only brought you that life style but asked the questions, why? why am i old enough to go to war, but not old enough to drink? why can you take my taxes and strap me up for war but you can't feed me?

He asked what was important, whilst he did glorify that lifestyle, he also tried to prevent it as much as possible, eg, One nation? where he would get himself snoop anyone else and have meeting and concert for the bloods and crips, he set up the war codes between crips and bloods. Like a Rules of conduct.

What did big do? eat? .... get rich? ... pfft. If you rate Big over Pac your a utter idiot.

11. shinto

shinto Well-Known Member

I listen to Rap and to me they weren't the Kings of Rap. I just think those two was big in the 90's. For me it was Tupac because i like west coast rap better.

12. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

one of them may be a king but neither of them are the best

13. ikky

ikky Senior Member

How would you define the best?

More people listen to them, even after they are dead.

If Immortal Technique or JMT died tomorrow, i doubt they would be remembered like Tupac and Big. So how do you defin greatness in rap?

There are too many aspects to consider, for hardness, dopeness and technique along with vocab i would say I.T. For style,technique and aspects i would say JMT.
    But for overall i would say Tupac was the greatest, not because he had the hard hitting punches,best vocab,layout,multi's,metas,similies but its like einstien, he took somthing complex and made it simple ( e=mc2 ), too me he just took somthing like growing up in a war zone and made it simple, people could get with him on different levels.

People in that era ( and now ) could relate to what he was saying, simple enough for everyone to see.

14. Lennox

Lennox Well-Known Member

Ikky I didnt rate Biggy over Tupac.
    Overall Tupac destroys biggie, but biggie is better than Tupac in some aspects. Read the post again.

If you dont think they are the 2 best, they should at least be in your top5.

15. ikky

ikky Senior Member

That wasn't dirrected at you, it was speaking general, sorry if it came accross that way.