This Is Driving Me Insane

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BTK, Feb 25, 2008.

1. BTK

BTK Well-Known Member

I will explain everything very carefully

My PC

GIGABYTE-GA-P35-DS3R
    2x1GB Crucial Ballastix MicronD9GMH
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB
    E6750 w/ Tuniq Tower 120
    WD 250GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA
    CorsairHX520W

E6750 @ 3.6 (Tested 18 Hour prime95 stable/game stable)
    RAM @ 450 MHz 4-4-4 (Tested 8 Hour memtest86+ stable)

Game stable too

I previously had used a BIOS oc for the GPU so there was no need to oc via rivatuner. It was tested via ATI tool 1 Hour scan/3DMark stable/All games worked perfect. @ 725/1728/925

I decided I wanted to oc via rivatuner so I reverted back to stock bios (600/1500/900)
    It was a within windows update provided by evga

Now I am having problems with rivatuner overclocking. If I click the box enable driver level overclocking nothing works. It doesen't even have to be oc'd, still stock speeds. Just by having the box checked it does this.

Any 3D application freezes within 2 seconds. With nvlddmkm stopped resoponding and recovered error.

3DMark06 is the only app that gives an error message which is this.

Searching futuremark I found it means this

So rivatuner is "hanging" onto the GPU I guess. Without overclocking enabled in riva everything works perfect again, except I can't overclock my GPU.

I have tried driver 169.02/.04/169.21/169.25 and the same thing happens with all of them.

I can't do a BIOS oc anymore because I don't have my floppy drive.

Nothing else does a shader oc too.......

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

BTK is about on par with me now, probably a bit more experienced as far as overclocking goes(though i'm better with theory and the like)

regardless follow up is he fixed it by flashing to a different BIOS and it's fine now.