The Omen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by I m p o s s i b l e, May 30, 2006.

1. Solak42

Solak42 Member

thats bunch of bull but if we do die it has to be 6-6-66

2. DJ Fayz

DJ Fayz Well-Known Member

thats 6666

good job at paying attention....

and also..

6/6/06 wont work either...since there is a 0...you cant take away the zero..

woudla been

6/6/1960 you can take the zero away....cuz thats how it works in math.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Gimme an exact quote from any religion revolving around the bible or the bibles general beliefs from any version of their holy book that says the number of the beast/serpent/satan is 666.

All it simply says is the followers of the christ (for whichever religion you believe in) will be redeemed and all of those who do not believe in the christ will be marked with the sign of the beast, which is 100% undetermined in any religious scripture.

4. Teng

Teng Member

The Bible is an unreliable source. I'd say it's exaggerrated. It's also been changed a lot through all the years. Just look at how fast a rumor can change from one thing to another. Humans back then weren't as pure or unpure as they are now.

Both 666 and 6/6/06 are fictional to me.

...And apparently 666 isn't even in the Bible. So much for that argument.

I was a Christian for a bout seven years btw, so I have read my share of the Bible.

5. DJ Fayz

I thought 666 was part of one passage...i think..ummm

i forgot the name it starts with an R

6. dementia

nowhere in any version of the bible is mentioned the letters of 666 in acknowledgement of an anti-christ or any form of satanic upbringing, even in revelations, so no, its not in the bible, as satanic references in detail are only REALLY mentioned in the book of revelation, and the upbringing of the antichrist starts on chapter 13 verse 1, feel free to read through the rest of the book of revelations and tell me what you find :).

7. Teng

Teng Member

Revelations?

That's the book about the whole "apocalypse" thing, the last book of the New Testament. I don't know myself, but according to Dementia (and others I've heard it from), 666 isn't in there.

Even if it was, it's still fiction.

8. DefaultVoid

DefaultVoid Well-Known Member

We're getting near the church! You're feeling so clammy!

I did it all for you dameon

those are some of the lame ass quotes from this ----ty movie.;

9. DJ Fayz

Nevermind, I believe you..

And yeah thats it, revalations...

I just was watching something about the antichrist on the History channel and they quoted a text from Revalations about 666...you know

10. I m p o s s i b l e

I m p o s s i b l e Well-Known Member

so like..how did 666 start...=/

11. dementia

rumor, same as 13 being an evil number...

nowhere is it stated that 13 is unlucky, its shear coincidence that revalation chapter 13 is the beginning of the world falling, that witches and other occults often had groups of 13 when in organization and such...

its just superstition that has came up over the year, probably started with the media, im sure it has more relation to other stuff, like i believe 999 was sometihng to do with an angelic day of reckoning and 666 is the upside down of 999, thus creating that theory... but as far as religion is concerned, its not stated in any religious texts, even in the book of satanism...

12. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

3 A.M. fits in with those also I believe....

p.s. I love being born on the 13th...now I know what the whole 13 deal is..
    diablo = end of the world..?

13. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

People said they wanted proof or background on the Mark of the Beast theory. Well, according to BibleGateway.com' s records of the bible, Revelations 13:16-18 reads as followed:

This is also based off the Greek symbols used to show the symbol in other scriptures as Chi, Xi, Sigma. In their written form, they appear to closely resemble 666. Do I know this? I never read the Bible in the ways of a Christian, being Jewish in all, bit this is a topic I debate for fun and interest, not gain. :)

14. dementia

So it does, i stand misproven, im sorry for being abrupt :).

The greek I knew of, but I havnt read the NIV version of the new testament (until I whipped out my semi-new NIV bible that I have had for about a year and never opened/read), so I hadnt seen the 666, it must have been a recent addition.

I do know the #666 until the NIV version was made was purely supersitious however, there wasnt a bible translation that has 666 in it as the mark of the beast. Shows another reason why I have yet to come to grasps with the christian stories, they change their scriptures words and add/take out stuff just like a few other religions do.

15. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

Hey, no problem! You gave me a fun challenge ;) Besides, Im only familiar with a few texts. This is just another reason Im not a fan of the bible over scriptures like the Torah. There is history that the Bible mightve been revised over the years.