The Media

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FTWrath, Nov 25, 2005.

1. FTWrath

FTWrath Well-Known Member

I decided to make this topic to shed light upon those hidding in the darkness. For the most part the media in this country is filled with disception and hate. I hardly ever watch the news anymore because it's usually about people dying or wrong doing. The media mainly broadcasts uneducational information which is curropting our society. What sickens me is that this is what people want. If you stand infront of your television for an hour watching CNN, NBC, FOX, or any other nation wide news channel you will see that I am correct. I don't see this on local news channels though which I find funny. The American people are constantly feeding themselfs with these images as if they need it.

I can go on about this topic and how I believe the media is filled with "fat cats" who believe their ratings depend on how many soldiers died in Iraq and the car bombings that caused it.

During a charity event in which celebrities were raising money for the victims of the Hurricane that struck New Orleans and the surrounding area, Kanye West said, "Bush hates black people." This statement hit the news before it even reached our ears. Why didn't they mention that he also donated 1 Million along with Jay-z? I can answer that with one word "ratings."

Just my two cents. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I am simply charing mine.

2. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

yes, often the media is corrupt and it controls the country :P

3. ImperialPanda

ImperialPanda Well-Known Member

They get their ratings on dead soldiers because that's what people want to see. If people didn't want to watch that stuff then they wouldn't get ratings for it, simple as that.

News is like any advertisement, except it's filled with different information. All information is inherently biased when it comes from someone else. The degree of bias varies, of course.

But that simply means that, as a thinking individual, you have to constantly evaluate and process all information you see and hear. News is no different.

News plays an important part because it offers a broad array of information that's usually interesting (cause what's not interesting doesn't get ratings) and useful.

4. daemonsabre

daemonsabre Well-Known Member

the media is always engineering itself in order to satisfy the needs of the public, if the public doesnt show an interest in the whole truth then it will only show whats convenient. The media often is capable of generating more hate than any bombing ever could singlehandedly

5. FTWrath

Well you guys basically summarized what I said in my posts and I am glad people have the same views on it as I do.

6. Ice92888

Ice92888 Well-Known Member

Got to agree with you all the way dude, media posts the death of people most of the time for ratings.

7. pengu1ns

pengu1ns Well-Known Member

The media is never going to be anything but a tool of unrest. And people lap it up, because they are too foolish to want to believe otherwise. They see only what is 'interesting', which is hardly ever anywhere close to the full story.
    What i dont get it that sometime they report things to the nation that probably should be said.
    For instance, after the london bombings, they told the entire nation (which includes terrorists) where the police where planning to search.
    Yes i know this information isnt going to prove critical for anyone but the fact remains, they get their story and have no time for potential onesquences, unless they include more bombings.

8. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

I honestly beleive it is corrupt. AND BIASED. I try to watch BBC when I do watch the news though, they don't seem too biased.

9. The Vision

The Vision Well-Known Member

yea, i havent watched the news since like 5th grade,they think that just because its not normal its wrong just like all other damn people that read people magazine everyday

10. T E M P L A R

T E M P L A R Well-Known Member

Too true. Kanye has the right to say that, and although its a little out there, i support his right to free speech.

Yeah. I quit watching the news because its just too depressing. Nothing but dying, bombing, killing, and dying, with one happy story at the end. pfft.

11. Λtreyu

Λtreyu Well-Known Member

The media can definatly be corrupt, sure. But it also gives us different views. They tell us about hurricanes, tornados, droughts, famines, disease and general unrest because we, as citizens of the world, need to know. We need to know what is going on in the world, and need to be aware of all the different facts and events occuring daily.

Bad things are events that happen in real life.

As for the 2000 dead iraqi soldiers, the media has every right to show us the carnage we are producing and being the victims of in the war that WE started. We deserve to know what our soldiers are experiencing over there. THAT is tuely supporting our troops.

12. FTWrath

I agree with that but there is a certain line they draw of countlesly. I am just trying to say that they show too much bad and hardly any good.

13. Symbolic

Symbolic Well-Known Member

Wow...come to think of it...your right dood...

14. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Well here is an example ...

The Media has destroyed most of the War in Iraq...do to that the situation is multiplied so much that what ever the media says is the truth no matter if its right or wrong

15. KraZe

KraZe Well-Known Member

Jesus, if you don't like CNN, DONT WATCH IT. I don't stare at it all day, but I do know that we all have the choice to buy into this conservative media bull----. You act as if your forced to watch it.

WOE IS YOUUUU You want sympathy?

The world is ugly, get used to it. Oh an don't listen to Fox operated news channels. They're all biased to make Bush look like Lobster.