The Davinci Code

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkness Rising, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Darkness Rising

Darkness Rising Well-Known Member

I am currently reading this book ... SO MUCH CONSPIRACY! I cant wait for the movie haha. But I heard its going to be nothing like the book? What do you guys think. So much conspiracy or just plain dumb? Explain.

2. madmav

madmav Well-Known Member

3. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

Yeah, this topic was actually made several times, so feel free to read up past threads on this book ;) Also, as for your remark on contreversy, a documentary was made a little while back that actually proved about 80 to 90 percent of the book is misinterpreted. We just sometimes let our senses makes us believe the book has real facts. Dont worry tho, I kinda went in for it too.

FYI: Tom Hanks better not ruin this book's rep in the movie O_O

4. BrokenFaith

BrokenFaith Well-Known Member

Ive read it, there is another book with langston, called angles and demons or something, supposed to be a #2 to the divinchi code

5. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

Angels and Demons is actually a prequel to Da Vinci code. You see, he was originally was a historian who focused on European culture, and after a brush with the Illuminati (cult from A&D), he ends up falling in love with the concept of symbiology and that follows into Da Vinci Code.

6. Tandem

Tandem Active Member

Very strange, I just finished the book. It was amazing!

I don't think that the movie will do the book justice, it gave me chills when I read the final pages and everything fell into place. Excellent work by Dan Brown.

7. .bcn

.bcn Well-Known Member

AS A NOVEL, the book was amazing. But too many people thought it had all the answers, and bashed Brown for it. Its an interesting read, and i recommend it, but just don't take it seriously. Too many have, and ruined a good piece of literature.

8. .veto

.veto Well-Known Member

yea its a great book, as well as angels and demons, and on the contrary, i think that the movie will do the book justice

hanks has done some great work, i doubt he would pick a bad movie to do...