The Davinci Code By Dan Brown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [Skyline., Oct 31, 2005.

1. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

Hey, I am getting way more into religion and Christ, and Atheism. I really want to real the Davinci Code, but is it just not for some people? One of my friends said "One of the best books ever, it brought me in, and I hate reading" tho other said "Peice of garbage, didnt even finish it".

If you read this book, what was your thoughts on it? Is it worth it to read it? Thanks everyone.

2. azn_rebel99

azn_rebel99 Well-Known Member

Well, I did a book report on it. i personally loved it. Angels and Demons is better though. Theres a book on angels and demons that goes into more detail about all the buildings and stuff. really cool. I go to a christian school, and my english teacher didnt like it because cathlics thought that mary was jesus' girlfriend or soemthing. So she didnt really like my book report.

3. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

Thanks, but on a thriller side...I mean I hate reading, would you think I would like Davinci Code or Angels and Demon's better? Because personally, I love interesting books, and love reading about religion and atheism and all that, but if its not going to keep me reading, I would rather pick a different book.

4. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

If you religious you shouldnt read the da vinchi code, because I heard it disproves christianity.

5. Comatosis

Comatosis Well-Known Member

Man, this is some crazy stuff. Not even a half hour ago I borrowed The Da Vinci Code from my brother, and I was also gonna borrow Angels & Demons from him, were it not for the fact that he couldn't find it among his big-ass book collection.

6. flop

flop Well-Known Member

Yea its a great book I usally hate about 90% of books but it was a good read.

7. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

It does not disprove christianity, it merely adds a interesting story into the bibles. It talks about more of Jesus' life, and if he in fact had sexual acts with Mary Magdaline(sp?)...what most people know as the prostitute of the bible. It talks about why mainstream christians come to think of her that way, and discusses the past actions of the church.

Its a very good book, and i was wrapped up into it intill i finished it.

BFTP

8. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

Thanks very much. I really wanted to read it but I wasnt sure....im just bored nowadays, I dont know anyone here...=/. Well, thx for the info everyone, its right about time I have to leave back to my uncles house.

P.S. - Im not really religious

9. cochise

cochise Well-Known Member

It's not to be taken seriously as it is fiction but it is a entertaining read nonetheless.

10. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I'm not either, but i still found the book a great read. It does not bog you down with biblical facts, so you won't be lost..or need to have read or know the bible to understand the book.

and the same could be said about the bible, atakiBOON. Regardless of what it states, it was still written by 'man', so thus is a piece of literature.

11. Speed

Speed Well-Known Member

Its fiction? :eek:

12. cochise

Its fiction? :eek: [/b][/quote]
    Are you being a jerk on purpose <_<

13. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Its not fiction, its a story with historical background info as its base.

14. cochise

The storyline is is fictional, there is no evidence in the Bible (the historical background) that some of the things he said about it were true (I wont say specifics because it will ruin the story in ways for you). Dan Brown is a fictional author who writes fictional books, though what he proposes would be intresting if true, but being an intresting book doesn't make it true. He contrived some facts and neglected others in order to make a more intresting story, you can't blame him either he has to keep it exciting or else it wouldn't sell and he wouldn't make money. **Spoiler** Like what he says about Opus Deux, are fictional. His book is fiction and should be taken as nothing more than that.

15. azn_rebel99

azn_rebel99 Well-Known Member

I liked Angel and Demons way more. Its longer and it has more suspense. Angel and Demons goes before Davinci code.