The Blu Has Lost It.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by lykos, Oct 30, 2008.

1. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Actually, the first two reason support my point. The reason that there's more games for Xbox360 is because it was released a year earlier. This is because Microsoft had better/larger development teams, and the reason the PS3 is overpriced is because Sony is a smaller company, production cost of the units is higher, and Sony cannot sell them for as much of a loss, because they simply can't afford it.

Also, while the Wii might have the higher global sales rate, it definately isn't the biggest money maker.

Anyway, you're debating something that isn't even a point of this topic. You're debating my use of an anology, yet I doubt you have anything constructive to say towards the actual original topic.

2. FallenAngelVII

FallenAngelVII Well-Known Member

Woo for misleading titles :D.
    This by no means shows that Bluray has lost.

It just means a new battle is starting in this war, with a new opponent.

3. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

that one you are definetely wrong about, considering the wii is the only current-gen console that generates profit through console sales because of the cheaper hardware inside, and it also has a higher software sale rate than the 360 and ps3, making it pretty much impossible for the 360 or ps3 to generate more money from. Infact, sony are currently at a massive loss because of the ps3 while nintendo appear to be showering in cash.

But yeah I'll leave the topic to go back to blu-ray now if you so wish.

4. lykos

lykos Senior Member

Hehe, see competition is good.

5. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

What competition?

6. Cool Cloud

Cool Cloud Well-Known Member

Yea if theres even a new format coming out our new HD televisions cant support it yet. Noones gonna buy something they cant get the full capabilities of. Most people will stick with their Blurays for sometime until a TV can be made to support this new format. I expect bluray to last atleast 10 years before we get overrun with something new