Template Design

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dencity, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Dencity

Dencity Well-Known Member

Ok Im trying to create a template for a website, which Im assuming I need Dreamweaver to slice and code everything.

I am wondering:
    1. Is this the only reliable place to download Dreamweaver?
    2. Will Dreamweaver give me a code for the website design and then I would copy that and paste it into where I enter information for the site?
    3. After making the whole design, if I want my page to be longer as in when you scroll down theres more to see, would I have to make it as long as I want in photoshop? So technically if I want things to be under the 800x600 (my screen res) view, would I have to make the part that you cant see unless you scroll down?

Heres an example of what I mean:
    [​IMG]

Oh and another thing I mise will ask while im here, how do i get my color picker back to looking like this:

[​IMG]

instead of this:
    [​IMG]

2. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

ur last question.

See H, under where it shows the color. U have it set on B. Click H :D
    Dont worry, I been there xD

Download it here also:
    http://www.download.com/Macromedia-Dreamwe...4-10225092.html

idk bout the rest, gl.

p.s. if u can jack up ur screen res, it will make it easier for designing, you'll have more space.
    -Later.

3. Dencity

Thanks much appreciated. But on that download page when I click Download Now it takes me to the same page I was at..sucks lol. Thank you for the tip too. Someone help with everything else please?

4. longhornfreak

longhornfreak Well-Known Member

you can get from ebay, and if they dont give you the right stuff, you get your money back, i can slice it for you if you want me to, as long as its not to difficult (coding wise)

5. Dencity

Ok well I'll keep that in mind if i dont suceed but rite now id rather try to learn myself to learn new skills. Since you know about slicing and coding, do you know the answer to the #3 question?

6. longhornfreak

longhornfreak Well-Known Member

um.. no, you can make a back ground image, which means itll fill the rest of the page on any resolution, but if you wanted to make it to scroll down, you would have to make the image longer in photoshop

and question #2, when you slice in photoshop, and save it. You get a index.html page, which is your home page

then in dream weave, it pretty much generates the code, you just edit a few things, then save it again as index.html
    then upload to your site, then you set unless you want multiple pages

here is the basics to slicing and coding
    http://www.maxed-virtuals.com/tutorials.php?id=37

7. Dencity

Thanks, 10 credits being sent for both of your help.