Team Droid - Slot Challenge - PshycoDelic

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by inverse, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There's mine. That's right, I'm Lawlerballz the Greatest.

Both sigs suck, your sigs suck, most sigs suck, sig making is dead, and you guys should shoot yourselves for taking yourselves so seriously.

Also, even if that diploma was legitimate... having a degree in graphic design no way entitles you to know what does or doesn't look good. If you took those courses you'll know exactly what I mean.

2. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

You a Full Sailer as well?

And actually... a degree means just that...

3. Ravr

Ravr _______________

you dont really have an eye for detail, clash.

4. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

A degree doesn't necessarily mean much especially in something like graphic design.. just cause you passed your courses and made a few shitty projects that impressed your teachers doesn't mean you know much.

5. sacri

sacri Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I could do any better, but I agree with ravr. Except for the point that I like the text Inverse' put in.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  6. concept

concept Well-Known Member

Either way... It's all a matter of opinion. Most people don't have a degree, so w/e looks good in the entire publics eye is best.

7. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

Wow, i thought inverses tag was much better, the other one looked terrible, horrible colors, over contrasted, i could go on.. and sorry clash but even if you have a diploma from and insanely overpriced school, it doesn't mean anything but that you took the courses, definitely doesn't mean you have an eye for design prowess. Sadly a degree in the arts, means very little if you don't have a portfolio to back it up.

Output (>) A Piece of paper

8. concept

This is a true statement.

Not trying to offend anyone... but it is.

9. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

I agree completely. Full Sail was a bit of a joke when it came to classes... however, I utilized my time there effectively and managed to get a very well rounded education.

I'm also a member of AIGA and the Creative Group.

I also years of field experience, and currently work for a major corporation. As for an eye for detail... to each his own on that one.

All in all. Inverse reacted inappropriately to my decision. Therefor, he will not be a member of this team. He/she is welcome to try again in the future.

10. Ravr

Ravr _______________

i was talking about how dem changed the name on "your degree" and you ask if he studied at the same school :D

11. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

I asked in reference to that comment. :p

12. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Clash, make us a sig, then. If you are Mr Big at Corporate Logo Incorporated, looking at your current sigs, and some of the random things you've posted on other parts of the site, you have very poor design skills. Your current two, even though they are incredibly minimal, neither show the tell tale signs of a skilled designer.

By the way, here's my Harvard degree in Bullshit. If you like I could also upload my degree from Oxford in Trying Hard To Prove How Much More Qualified Than Everyone Else On A Free Internet Forum I Am, or my Ph.D from Yale in Astrophysics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  13. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

Look for my name on the Full Sail alumni site. I'll also be in the hal of fame soon

14. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

The reasons I don't believe you:

The diploma you posted doesn't make any sense. First of all, the part listing what program you were in (the diploma is listed as 30th of October, 2009) is in a different font from all the other diploma's I've found on the web give away on the same day, not to mention they all list the name of the program, not the field. As in, "Recording Arts Degree Program", not just "Recording Arts", which is why yours says "the Graphic Design".

Second, the Full Sail website neither has any Masters of "graphic design" courses available, nor any "Masters of Science" courses in anything related to graphic design, since Graphic Design would fall under an Arts degree, NOT a science degree at that level.

Not to mention a Master's program at a University will take AT LEAST 4-5 years, which would indicate, according to your profile, that you were at the oldest 15 when you started, which is absolutely ridiculous. You would have to be outrageously precocious to attend university at this age (not just in your art skills but in your written, oral, mathematics, science, etc, skills). You've shown absolutely no indication of having any of these kinds of skills.

Also, the only way you've proposed to prove it is by saying for me to look you up on the alumni site, which is only accessibly by students. You probably know this because you probably looked on the site to make sure it couldn't be checked.

Either way, even if you were a qualified designer, it wouldn't make the slightest of difference, as sigmaking has nothing to do with formal design, and the skills required to make them say nothing of skills of a graphic artist.

Also, you've yet to post ANY of your own original work besides the Android propaganda in your sig space. Besides, of course, majins sig which you totally butchered in a way a professional designer would never do.

If you're a professional designer, link us to your portfolio, linkedin, behance, devianart, etc, or actually MAKE A SIG.

Stop making claims and actually show us that you are anything more than bullshit and big talk.

15. concept

Fullsail only has a Graphic design in the form of an associates degree. Though it is considered an associates of science. I don't know why but any degree you can get from full sail is a degree of science.

But you are completely correct you couldn't have a masters degree from full sail for graphic arts. I know this is also completely true just because I'm going to be attending it for game devolopment & for game design degrees. Which is one of the only two masters they have (Game Design & Entertainment Business).

Edit: Unless you take online classes of course.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.