Taking "off" A Codec On A Video

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by αstrαl, Mar 10, 2006.

1. αstrαl

αstrαl Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I don't want questions so here's the full story

I "hacked" my iPod Nano, and now I can put up some videos on it, its actually pretty cool ^-^ Got to watch a few SouthPark and Futurama episodes from my DVD on my Nano =). Anyway that's not the problem. The problem is, a video of about 22-25 mins is 1gb when you encode it for the iPod Nano, cause its not compressed at all. I've decided to change the resolution of the video and the framerate to reduce the size of the video, then uncompress it with the iPod Nano Video tool that I had from a friend.

The fact is, any video editing tool like Sony Vegas or some other freeware can't take my video from my DVD because I had to compress my episode with DivX. Now, whenever a video editing tool try to render the file, it fails because it can't read DivX, even if I have the little DivX logo at the bottom right , like the taskbar, the trayicon bar if I remember right. Anyway, I'd like a tool that uncompress directly my video, and put it back on a regular avi uncompressed.

The video tool for the iPod uncompress it, and change the codec of it for a codec that came with Linux (which is why I am able to play video on my Nano).

Any help?