Superman Returns Is Not Real Eough

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tha Drifter, Jun 28, 2006.

1. goat&froth

goat&froth Member

b.c superman is nothing but an awful superman, he's pretty much dc put together b.c there was nothing else to make. he has a heart that gets in the way and he thinks he's the strongest and can do anything...just read the comics you'll see how many times he gets pwnt.

2. Thierry1

Thierry1 Well-Known Member

Sounds liek it's a bad movie. I might not watch it after all.

3. Auron

Auron Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it yet, but many review sites gave it good reviews.

4. Manjikengo

Manjikengo New Member

It's an excellent movie. I'm really surprised the guy who claims he's read the comics hates this movie too.

Btw, stop reveleing in the past. Chris Reeves is dead. Brenden Routh did an excellent job picking up the tights of steel.

If you're going to whine about realism, stay the hell away from movies. PERIOD.

Yeah, no. It's the invincible Superman. Bullets do not hurt him unless they are the kryptonite kind. Metallo shot him in the heart with one. However, he was strong enough to live until Alfred Pennyworth MD got it out.

Just because there are some pretty extreme elements in the story, doesn't mean they couldn't happen for superman. Oh, about the airplane, don't you remember it going several times the speed of sound? hrm.

Also, it's not scifi. It's just comic fantasy. totally different. I'm upset that they only had Luthor as the villain. They could have easily had Luthor awaken brainiac or something.

Too much romance? please give me a break.

[​IMG]

About supermans varying strength. Yeah, it varies too. Just recently the infinite crisis rebooted dc AGAIN, however, this picture here happen shortly before the crisis occured.

[​IMG]

5. Sprigner

Sprigner Well-Known Member

Was never interested in this film anyways.
    Hated DC comics...Marvel all the way!

6. G.S.Design

G.S.Design Senior Member

I just saw the movie, Horrible story line and horrible events that took place in the movie, I give it a 4/10, Visuals were great, but Bad acting,Bad story line, The movie starts In the middle of nothings, no flashback of what happened or w/e

As said, he has problems lifting an airplaine but no problem lifting a continent...

7. shinsou1

shinsou1 Well-Known Member

He never had problems with the airplane, it just took him a while to sow it down since it was hurling at the ball park the speed of a meteor.

And when he picked up the continent...I beleive it took him a while.

You definatly didnt watch closely.

8. Tha Drifter

Tha Drifter Well-Known Member

Superman is not invincible. <_< If you are a fan like you sound like you would know that he was killed by dooms day. And a bullet in the eye would heart anyhting. An eye is nothing but soft tissue conted to the brain. A bullet in an unprotected eye would hurt anything no mater the the stength of a person. If

Superman is scifi not fantasy. <_<

Fantasy

1. The creative imagination; unrestrained fancy. See Synonyms at imagination.
    2. Something, such as an invention, that is a creation of the fancy.
    3. A capricious or fantastic idea; a conceit.
    1. Fiction characterized by highly fanciful or supernatural elements.
    2. An example of such fiction.
    5. An imagined event or sequence of mental images, such as a daydream, usually fulfilling a wish or psychological need.
    6. An unrealistic or improbable supposition.
    7. Music. See fantasia.
    8. A coin issued especially by a questionable authority and not intended for use as currency.
    9. Obsolete. A hallucination.

Science fiction:

A literary or cinematic genre in which fantasy, typically based on speculative scientific discoveries or developments, environmental changes, space travel, or life on other planets, forms part of the plot or background.

Some of the science facts of superman can be found HERE

1 for the good guys ^_^

9. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

Has summed everything I said

Superheroes not real in the first place so why complain that its not real enough - llolz

Hes a good dam superhero whats the problem :D - He can do whatever he wants

- DarkStar

10. sealightbreeze

sealightbreeze Well-Known Member

I loved the movie. I actually like the newer movie than the older 4 with Reeve. I think for his first time big role. Routh did a fantastic job. The styory line was not 100% great, but it was still good. It carried points from the other past 4 movies with it. For example, after the airplan incident, he stated flying was still quick, just like he said in the Reeve movie The having superman's kid was a bit evident, as the last thing Reeve did in movie 4, was to have sex with lois. So, the movie did have valid points that tie in,.

11. Chilled

Chilled Senior Member

every movie is like that you should know by now. they all have plot screw ups

12. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

em that what makes him crap, a superhero has to have a balance of both strengths and weaknesses which superman doesnt, so overall superman is a crap superhero for plot lines in my eyes

13. [-DecepTion-]

[-DecepTion-] Well-Known Member

supermans a lame hero

14. FuZe

FuZe Active Member

I think all the DC comics heroes are lame. Marvel has the best heroes.

15. GigªByte

GigªByte Well-Known Member

oooooooowned