Sunshine

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by TheDe@th, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Proximity-HazeD

Proximity-HazeD Well-Known Member

Well I agree it's a nice tag, but realistically I hate your lighting on it.. It's a blue sky with a beam of light coming from the left
    then the right side of the tag is dark, usually a none cloudy sky is around the same color with the type of day light your providing.

Good effects and all, just I dislike the lighting on it sorry :( I'm really picky about lighting realism :P

2. TheDe@th

TheDe@th Well-Known Member

Well if you have a camera and you look at the light, everything around it will get darker won't it?

3. Proximity-HazeD

Proximity-HazeD Well-Known Member

Yes slightly darker, but the veiw you have isn't looking "into" the light either, its just showing that its coming from that direction, if you were looking
    at the "light" which would be the sun there would be a lens flare of some type on it with a focused lighting, the lighting you have is a distant one.

If you're going for the sun you need to make a whiter area with a slightly yellow tone, it has to be just as white as the clouds you have.
    The reason your lighting is annoying me in the first place is that the clouds are so bright, but your lighting isn't. The brightness of the clouds
    would allow the lighting to make the background even brighter as well. You have to realise that the sun's lighting bounces off of many things and
    in doing adds lighting to the surrounding area's if possible to reach, which is why the dark area doesn't make sense to me. I'm mainly talking about
    the top right of it, the dark blue that you have on there is what should take the purples place *IF YOU WERE TO DO IT AT ALL*, it shouldn't
    be any darker than about the top right of here head.

And I don't mean to push but if you can help someone with there lighting I like to do it :D since noone else was noticing the actual problem I had to
    say something. It is a nice tag I don't want you to think it's horrible just the lighting you have in the current signature show's that you have some
    idea of lighting, but when you actually take a moment to view the one your posting you can tell it's off, and isnt correct, especially if you're going
    with the sun as a lighting source, it's always more extreme than people like to make it, but the extremeness doesn't come from a competely white
    area, it's the backgrounds lighting that usually show's the suns intesity. So when your using a blue sky the lighting should be much stronger. Now if
    you were using a sundown scenery then you could make the right side of this signature as dark as it is. because you would then be using a white tone
    for the base of the lighting, then fade off to yellow, orange and a darkish red color, but when in terms of the sun you would never use that dark of a blue.

4. QcSpeedy

QcSpeedy Well-Known Member

I like it.
    Many could say that there is too much empty space but I think it emphasis the render very well.
    It's a new kind of signature for me and I like it! Nice gradient mapping too, the colors fit nicely.