Street Art

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .chester, May 27, 2007.

1. Blue_fire

Blue_fire Well-Known Member

Lol that art you showed in your first picture was stupid and I don't like that kind since I'm not not into that. Everyone has different likes on art, you can't just expect people who spray paint make art like that. Street art is for the city to view Urban culture. If anything its brining more people to the city to look at these pictures and learn how to create.

2. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

The last thing we need is more graffiti. How would you feel if someone did that to a buisness that you were owning? I bet you wouldn't be happy to see that. And don't say that you "wouldn't care" or that if it was "good enough".

Tagging is like leaving your dog's ---- in the middle of the sidewalk, it looks bad and it pisses people off.

3. harmony

harmony New Member

street art looks cool, things like portraits can be pretty boring at times.. all round here its crap like "dale woz ere 2005!!", nothing good.

in london on the tube theres some alright stuff, seen lots of this stuff in spain and it looks awesome.

4. [-PE-] Ghost

[-PE-] Ghost Well-Known Member

Fry IF I owned a business in a small town then yes I would be annoyed, It isn't ruining the town though. The towns a canvas, street artist use it like it is. It makes beauty in the most run down towns. The point is I don't own a business so I really don't care. BTW about the revolution thing and how you can automatically speak for the world..don't even try, so far its been about 2 people so far saying they don't like it so you can speak for "Fry's World".

5. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

You're right. All Art Museums throughout the world are going to abandon all of the previous art because it is obsolete and replace it with this "better" more "creative" street art. My mistake.

Plus, I can care less what the rest of the people on here think about street art.

6. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

Seriously, if it was good looking stuff, I probably would leave it. However, I'd get rid of all that so and so was here crap. that stuff is completely pointless. but if someone spraypainted a dragon or something on a previously ugly wall of my business, id leave it.

Also, to anyone that does this, where can I find good stickers?

7. Blue_fire

Blue_fire Well-Known Member

I would leave it cause most likely the building is already ----.

8. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

Haha, thats a good point too. I guess if someone tagged my corporate headquarters, and it was a nice glass and steel building or something, or if it was just a really nice building already, I'd say screw it and I'd get rid of that shtuff, but if its a crappy building, and the graffiti looked nice, I'd probably leave it.

9. .chester

.chester Well-Known Member

You make them yourself. :P

10. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

But I mean where do you get the sticker part? Am I assuming wrong that people get blank stickers and just draw on them?

11. .chester

That's what i do. I just get blank sticker paper and draw on it. Sometimes i print it with 8 of our crew logos then cut it up into 8 stickers. Or sometimes i make "Hello my name is" stickers. For those i go to www.delarge.co.uk/stickermachine/ and print out those stickers, then i draw in the blank white space.

Then i go out and into the streets and slap those mutha------ers around. :D

12. Chilled

Chilled Senior Member

Lol, this is street art ^_^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for graffitti I agree with the people who say they like it when it is done proply.

13. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

Yeah, but do you know where I can get sticker paper?

14. .chester

I usually buy it from a small bookstore in my town. I searched the mall but they didn't have any, seemed a bit peculiar to me, but whatever. I'm sticking to the little bookstore, they always have it there. Try stores where they sell paper, notebooks, pens, and the like. I go for the plain A4 sticky paper.

15. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

Hmmm, guess I'll need to look for that. I'm not sure we have any bookstores around here except Barnes & Noble, and I've never seen any there. Maybe I'll try some office supply stores and like Hobby Lobby or something too. Thanks.