Stalker

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by arbiter2005, Mar 23, 2007.

1. arbiter2005

arbiter2005 Well-Known Member

Got stalker the other day and finally got around to installing it. I am annoyed that i wasted 20 quid on such crap. The graphics on the game are apoling and the gameplay isnt the best ive seen. For a game that has been delayed for 5 years i think its pritty crap. I'll leave you to decide on some screenshots. Post your comments about it.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/863/xr3da...16111110ag7.png
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5728/xr...16114256xl4.png

Btw them screenshots are running the game on full settings on a resolution of 1024x768. The gun texture looks like something from a ps1 game

So again i'll leave you to comment

Will post a video soon

2. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member

The golden frog has some awesome textures.

3. arbiter2005

Opps sorry lol

Will fix them now

Merged Post:

Fixed :)

4. Panzer Shinigami

Panzer Shinigami Well-Known Member

Does your comp meet the system requirements? Could that be it? Otherwise, I'd have to agree with you here. The graphics looks subpar to many of the games we have so far. Even CS Source looks better than this lol.

5. arbiter2005

yes my pc meets the recommened specs...Ive got everything on full...Only thing that could be turned higher is the resolution and i like it around 1024x768

6. Balthier

This screenshots look better than yours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. arbiter2005

[​IMG]

You cant put the settings any higher...and im on a 7800gs even though it needs a 7900 my card gets all of the settings it needs like 256mb video ram and pixel shaders

8. Balthier

Hey,i callz them what i seez them.

9. rotting.away

rotting.away Well-Known Member

Hmm that's weird, this game looked good from the screenies I saw.

10. Biomechanica

Biomechanica Well-Known Member

If those are maximum settings, than there's something awfully wrong with your 7800GS! I run it on 1280x1024, medium settings with all sliders maxed, 2xAA/8xAF, and it looks way more crisp and detailed. I'll be sure to make a few screens next time I boot the game. The lighting effects are the best part of the graphics though, every single possible lightsource is dynamic.
    On a side note, I love it.

EDIT: Behold -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

the GFX look bad, but whats the gameplay like?

12. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

This game itself is kinda stupid. Stalker seems to be going for something like Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, but they are missing most of the features I thought they would have.
    1) There is no map traveling.
    2) SOME (only some) parts of the games are buggy. But they will probably have a patch soon.
    3) I'm pissed because I can only run object dynamic lighting on max.
    4) The game isn't pretty. Oblivion in ES4 was pretty. It was evil, dark, and nasty...but it had a certain prettyness to it. Stalker does not. I'm getting bored of seeing the same shade of green and gray everywhere.
    You might think im crazy for saying all this because this game 'pwnz' but I really just don't like this game. It's not FUN. It's just....Mmm....fun(mildly).

13. Drahgon

Drahgon Senior Member

ya i saw this game on store shelves and there was a lot of them (so i assumed it popular) but after looking at the box and rreading the back, i hesitated to buy it becuase i never heard of it, but now im glad i didnt get it =D

14. tordana

tordana Well-Known Member

I seriously have no idea why people complain about the graphics on this game. Look at the above screenshots... when you're running it on dynamic lighting it looks awesome. Not the best ever, but good. As to the game itself... I've been waiting for a good FPS/RPG for a long time. This game does it perfectly. For those that don't know, there's no leveling up or anything like that... the RPG elements are from getting better gear.

Also, the AI in this game KICKS ASS. Enemies fight you very realistically and try to flank, etc. Also there's random battles going on all the time--sometimes you walk into an area and see a bunch of dead bodies. Corpse looting time!

15. optickiller

optickiller Well-Known Member

I've been waiting 5 years and have been dissapointed with the game. Don't get me wrong it's a good game I run medium settings on a Nvidia Geforce 7600GT (256mb) and well it looks way better then your man (thread starter).
    My only biff about the game is:
    -Long walks
    -Low Carrying wieght

But that stuff makes up for it's realism also reason I was dissapointed was because of the ending Biggest piece of crap imo.
    If you listen on how about he needs questions on his past you'll know why ending is such a load of crap.