Speaker Problems

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kirkf, May 28, 2008.

1. kirkf

kirkf Well-Known Member

Ok, well when i bought my computer about 2-3 years ago i just got some ordinary speakers which plug directly into the PSU through the back of the tower. Anyways i recently replaced the PSU with one with a higher wattage, installed it and then tried to put all the wires back in through the back. However i realised only then that the port which was available on the old PSU was not available in this one.

Heres the new PSU i bought

PSU

Pretty much im wondering if this PSU is retarded, whether the means by which my speakers were inserted were of an outdated design, or whether something is just completely buggered up... Im not sure of the name of the port which im talking about, but if i am using an old port and old speakers then could someone recommend a pair of speakers.

Much thanks ;)

2. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

speakers that go directly into the psu? personally ive never heard of that

3. King Damager

King Damager Well-Known Member

You don't just have a speaker out/headphone out socket that you can just plug the speakers into?

4. FUBAR

FUBAR Senior Member

I've never heard of speakers that plug directly into the PSU before and not sure it's entirely possible. Are you sure you're not connecting to the correct place? There should be either an on board sound card or a stand alone sound card, you would connect your speakers into that.

I guess if you did connect your speakers into your PSU then you might have to buy a new sound card instead.

5. Bleak

Bleak Well-Known Member

I think I know what you are talking about; my computer is about 4 years old and has a power plug for speakers on the PSU.

You just need a power supply for the speakers themselves.

(Get new speakers ;))

----------------
    Now playing on Winamp: Pesten 1349 - Realm Of Frostbitten Storms
    via FoxyTunes

6. Gam

Gam Active Member

Dude, I've never heard or saw speakers that can be directly plugged in the PSU