Sound Card Problems...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aiden, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Ok, I've been having issues with my sound card lately, but it's only a problem with games. And so far it's only been a problem with HL2(Dod:s, CS:s) and basically im getting sick of it. So im looking to buy a new one, and i need some help on what to buy. And preferably best buy... since i dont want to buy off the internet.

Heres a screenshot of my sound card diagnostics..
    [​IMG]
    And of some of my system specs... so you know if my comp can handle card......
    [​IMG]

Im not looking to go broke.. just need a soundcard that is capable of playing HL2 and games...

I tryed steam support :eek:, ----... i tryed a million different ways, none worked, sent a few emails back and forth, none work, and then i emailed him a log of game.. and he hasnt emailed back in 2 days... so thats why im here.. and i went and downloaded the latest driver, and during install it said it couldnt find any sound card...

need any other specS? just ask

thanks alot.

2. WFCxT-time

WFCxT-time Well-Known Member

Try downloading new drivers for your sound card ... it says your drivers are from 2003 ... which means they're out of date. Click this link --->Sound Blaster Downloads and it will take u to the downloads section of the creative website. I own the same sound card and it should fix the problem. Otherwise ... just order off of www.newegg.com ... you can trust them ... great service and rock solid prices. Did this help?

3. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

No, I already stated that the driver did not work.
    Also, I had said not online. I know about newegg... also i was asking for a card type.. not where to buy

sorry

4. WFCxT-time

WFCxT-time Well-Known Member

If your going for cheap ... you can get the Sound Blaster Live 24 Bit ... which is what I have for 20 - 30 bucks at Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, etc. The Audigy 2 can be bought at the same stores for about 60 - 70 bucks and is quite a bit better. The Live 24 Bit is a very nice card though ... can play any game with audio on the highest setting ... I've played Call of Duty, Call of Duty UO, Half Life 2, Far Cry, Call of Duty 2, UT 2004, F.E.A.R and Doom 3 all on the highest sound quality with my Sound Blaster Live 24-Bit. The Audigy will improve your frame rate though cause it processes the sounds faster.

Does that help at all?

5. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Yes, and thank you