Sotw Winner 23/12/04 : Chronicles Of Riddick

Discussion in 'SOTW Archive' started by Guinness70, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gator

Gator Senior Member

Do you think i'm really that stupid to include the Widescreen stylish border on this type of sig?

I've worked with pop-out renders before, I know how to make the background transparent. All it takes is setting the background contents setting when you make a new document in Photoshop to 'Transparent'. Once you've finished the sig, you save it as '.GIF' format pretty simple.

As for the border, I was meaning that you make it 'SLIGHTLY' thicker. Maybe 3 pixels. Understand?

[​IMG]

keep your 100 creds, I dont really care about them.

You really dont know me too well.. Do ya? :P [/b][/quote]
    Im gonna keep it of corse u know what? because the edges are very choppy I can see em from 100 miles I can see charp pixel cut around the render. and u know what I aint telling how to do it soft and smooth :P, + oh the blending is weired!! I dont see any diff U did with the blending I thought u gonna surprise me with something increidible but u know what ur sigs are very very normal, nothing amazing at all.
    (You really dont know me too well.. Do ya?) who are u picaso or something :D anyway the font is very very very poor man and I think u gotta to train urself in how to make nice Borders + font + how to do multicolor that looks better than that.
    If I will pick the good ones in this SOTW ill be (Pahn, Vodka, Forknman, UnXsist, Mr. Cheeky, choice) U are so far from being in the list.

2. nyve

nyve Well-Known Member

:eek: ....... i dont believe it, 1st time runner up, wow.

3. Ben™

Ben™ Well-Known Member

i got a mention! :D
    well done to the winners and runners up. i probably would have chosen different, but i respect the judges decisions ;)

and so should everyone else :lol:

4. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

to those who lost and are bitching about it:

WHO THE HELL CARES AND SHUT UP

its not like we won 1 million dollars for this SOTW.. Extreme Euphoria, the popout u made is pretty choppy, diablito's sig is amazing and cant see why you're hating on it..to those who won, good job, but Extreme Euphoria, if you were a judge, who would you vote for? <_<

5. Evil Tuinhekje

Evil Tuinhekje Active Member

lol its a game on an INTERNET FORUM

go cry or summit :S

6. Antakah

Antakah Member

GJ nice sig Diablito

7. Pahn

Pahn Well-Known Member

There's no way of getting around bitching and bickering Mr. Cheeky. Whenever Signatures of this quality are picked - Your going to have it. There's no way of getting around it, and it's pointless to "tell" us to shut up.

I have nothing with Diablito's Signature, but the others I do.
    If I could have voted for the Top 4, here's my votes and why.

1. Extreme Euphoria - This sig is so great it's unbelievable. The signature portrays him perfectly - a dark and shady character. It isn't to large and bulky, it fits perfectly. The blending is perfect. The signature's uniqueness is unmatchable. Honestly, when I saw this sig I thought it was a knock down win. Easy as that.

2. Diablito - A well blended signature, with a perfect render. The render is perfect - and shows Riddick like he should be shown. The background's pretty good, the blending is great. It could have done without the Chronicles of Riddick text fading like that, but it's not much of a killer to the sig. The border could be better, and stand out a little bit more, but again, nothing major.

3. Vodka - It's a well rounded signature, and the image fits well into it. There could be a little bit more of a Chronicles of Riddick feeling though - That's what brings it down in my opinion. The text and what not is fine. Might be a bit better if you put a layer of Brightness & Contrast onto it, which darkens it. But none the less, it's still great.

4. I can't even pick a 4th - I just don't like what's left. If I had to choose though, it's be a toss up between 07.faint, LancerNL, and Badboy.

Reasons why I wouldn't have voted for your signature:

Badboy - The text is really the only thing that stands out in my opinion. The abstract render isn't fitting with The Chronicles of Riddick, honestly, the whole feel of the signature isn't. Along with that, the render's a lot darker than the rest of the signature and there's no blending involved at all.

Choice - It's not a bad signature, but the font is horrible on it. That ruins every bit of it in my opinion. The Pixel font also seems blurry. I'm not feeling those weird white dots you have over the render of Riddick either. The glasses and eyes effects are cool, but that's about all in my opinion. Your inside border also seems a bit to light.

Mr. Cheeky - Whenever I look at that signature.. I just think blah. The render is hardly noticeable, you blended it WAY to much. On top of that, Riddick on a bright yellow, along with red and orange color scheme? What the hell is with that? The border's way to large, in my opinion the whole thing is. Then you have those white little star dust things everywhere, that don't match whatsoever.

Damn.. that's a long one.

8. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

3rd place:
    [​IMG]

the moral of the story is:

dont make huge posts because they wont make someone else win

9. Gator

Gator Senior Member

I respect ur opinion and everybod's opinion I just dont agree with europhia's sig because I cant see anything in his sig that catch my eyes, boredr pretty simple 2px whiite border, the text is horrible and choppy the lines across his sig doesnt have any since, I think is something that newbies will make it, after all Like Mr cheeky we didnt win a million dollars is just fun.

10. Ti3sto

Ti3sto Well-Known Member

If I had spent more time on the goddamn thing, I would have managed to smooth the enter perimeter of Riddick fully. I did that within 45 mins, maybe less. It would have been quicker if my computer wasn't going fu.cking slow at the time, I had forgot to close my DVD software because I was watching a DVD right before I did your challenge. Only tiny areas are a bit sharp (wtf is charp?).

Why say that you're going to keep your creds because you seemed to have noticed a little problem with my signature, when I stated that I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT about credits? what was the point in that?

You're not going to tell me how to smoth out the edges of a pop-our render? Ok, listen here; one thing I want to point out, is that I really coudln't care less on how to smooth edges of a render. When I will not be creating a sig that has a pop-out render in the future.

Designers decide to use a pop-out render in their sig because it would make them look as though, they know what they are doing. It makes a user think as though the designer of the sig, know the in's and out's of Adobe Photoshop. But like in your case (and most others), you took too much effort on smoothing the goddamn pop-out render. You put soo much effort into the whole "popping out", that you didn't put much effort into the rest of the sig. Either that, or you don't have a very creative mind.

There you are saying that my sigs are very normal. Yet you're the designer of an average 'pop-out' rendered signature. Boring text, faint, un-noticable border and plain background. And you're telling me that my sig is normal? Lol, do you even know what you're talking about as a designer? or are you just trying to make yourself look as though you know what you are talking about and expecting that I know jack shit about designing? Your comment about 'Multicolouring', Lmfao, but excuse me, how many colours do you actually see on your sig? Right, now take a look at yours, then mines.

The blending on my sig, is not weird. Yours, looks werid. The blending on mines is following the topography of the render itself. it's following the direction of gravity. i.e. The vertical upright position or Riddick. You've blended too much right around the full bottom half of him. Which looks weird and awkward. What does this prove? You DO NOT know how to blend properly.

It's actually 'Picasso'.

You think that my borders, my fonts, and my usage of 'multi-colouring' is poor?

You really haven't seen my work then, now have you?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rest of my work:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v516/extreme-euphoria/

11. Ben™

Ben™ Well-Known Member

IMO, you should shut up
    Pop Out sig makers fake what they do, to make themselves look better at Photoshop!? pop outs take practice as well. its much easier to stick a render and blend, rather than make it look smooth where it pops out, nicely blended where it doesnt and make sure the background is nice too. it takes more 'creative mind' to spot where a pop out would work and how it would work, rather than sticking it in the middle of a background.
    face it, you lost. but you werent the only one. whining and moaning wont help. if your not bothered about the creds, shut up

12. Ti3sto

Ti3sto Well-Known Member

~posted edited~

~takes a look at your current sigs.....~ hmmm......

13. SoulCreation

SoulCreation Senior Member

Oh, damn... K.O. :D

14. Flamesy

Flamesy Well-Known Member

Look IMO I agree that Euphoria should have won, but then again I do like Diablito's.

I dont see any point of arguing if you didn't win, its not going to change anything.

And Euphoria you have awesome work m8 and a grate taste and I think about 1000 other people agree with me.

15. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

lol, you have way too much time on your hands to cry about a goddamn SOTW.. get over it.

YOU LOST.. MUAHAHAH

its the end of the world!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.