Soo... Stocks?

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by }SoC{SainT, Dec 23, 2008.

1. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

We need to start actively thinking about this. As a crew, we have to release a pack in mid-January. I personally have no idea how to set these up for download, or even how many stocks should be in a pack, but I do know how to pester people until it gets done :P

So, here's the criteria:

People: If there's an identifiable person in the photo, you either need to be related to them, or have a model release form filled out and signed. I'm serious! If you don't do this, it could come back to bite you in the butt, and it's good etiquette to pick up now. If you need help with a model release form, I found a pre-written one that I can link you to.

Dimensions: Do not resize, even to save space. Stocks should be original resolution and uncropped, especially when they're hosted.

Edits: Color correction, noise reduction, sharpen, minor contrast adjustments, exposure correction. Nothing that will change any one part of the image, and only sharpen/reduce noise if you know how to do it really well. No detail should be lost under any conditions.

Subject matter: whatever floats your boat. I'm sure someone can use it. Just make sure that it's nothing inappropriate... but that goes without saying :P

Share what you're submitting in here :). If you need help hosting, I would recommend just using deviantART. If you don't already have one, you should get one. It's worth it, even if a lot of the community is only so-so in personality and whit.

And... throw other stuff out there to add to this. I'll edit this post as it comes. And I might edit this later to sound more "official". I can be concise and wordy sounding if I truly feel like it :P

Also: the conditions upon which you submit these images are that you grant GameRenders the right to distribute and/or display them as they so choose. You also grant rights to the public to use your images for personal purposes and only grant commercial use upon the condition that they request and receive it. They may or may not be used, but I want everyone to understand that we're submitting them for the benefit of others and expect nothing in return :)

2. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

By the way. If you are submitting a picture with an identifiable person in it and you do not have a model release. DO NOT GRANT COMMERCIAL USE. You could be sued for all that you are worth.

I say we all submit 2 or 3 stocks. I also think that our crew needs to be cleaned of anyone that hasn't posted in a Camera Drawn topic in the past two weeks.

I already have my stocks picked out and will edit this post with them when I get home.

3. }SoC{SainT

Well, they can't sue for all that you're worth, but they can sue for potentially lost money. It all depends on how great of a profit you have made. Either way, you don't want to get involved in a lawsuit.

So yeah, I'm still thinking about what I want to submit. I do have stocks though...

4. Papermache

If you sell something for commercial use and it used in a way that can be harmful or portray the person in question in a way they don't want to be portrayed, they can sue you for a lot more than the money you made. Even with a crappy lawyer. Imagine, a muslim man's picture being posted on a Jewish religion site.

5. }SoC{SainT

Haha, I guess that's true. The only ones safe from that are the members of the media. They won a lawsuit like the one you mentioned. They still have to be careful about libel though.

6. Papermache

I researched quite a bit into it, still don't understand fully. With releasing this pack we must be clear in the rights given to the public. Although I don't have any people stocks coming into this pack, in the near future I may have.

7. }SoC{SainT

Well, let's include a ReadMe file that explains the user's rights. If they disregard what we say, we hold no legal responsibility for it.

8. Slight

Slight Senior Member

omg 3 mb files that would be too much for other people to download :/ should be re sized to a standard size or least to loose some weight idk i mean depends on how many photos are gonna be set? cuz a rar file can weight easy 500mb+

9. Papermache

Yeah we are going to need to resize or lose quality because unless we each put in like 1 photo, it is going to be huge.

10. Slight

Slight Senior Member

yeah even 100 pics will be huge, and honestly, people who use it end up resizing it. Is not like they gonna do a billboard out of it..

id say standard size will be fine just my opinion u gotta keep in mind not every one has highspeed internet some has DSL and download prob @ 50kbps and such... besides having 400 mb rars ppl bitch too much and will b e crying idk unless u break it up in rars..

11. }SoC{SainT

3 * 15 is only 45 MB. How much compression do you guys think we can get with these images? Maybe we could add that they can request the full version from us for free or something, because we probably will have to resize. Just don't do any resizing yet :P

12. Papermache

I say max size should be something like 1500x1500-2000x2000.

13. }SoC{SainT

Photos aren't square ;)

14. Papermache

I mean that the width max size should be 1500-2000 pixels, and the max height should be 1500-2000 pixels.

15. }SoC{SainT

*bump*