Sony Just Got Served

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SkatZ, Jul 14, 2008.

1. SM Ciel

SM Ciel Well-Known Member

It's the fact that there are better things to spend $400 on...

2. Xoneout

Xoneout Well-Known Member

I was impressed with MAG.

3. OkamithePhantom

OkamithePhantom Well-Known Member

Ahem.

Randomness ...

Final Fantasy Sucks

[/randomness]

Thank you.

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

agreed. part of the reason I don't have one yet and won't for a while

Yeah that makes sense. Most people have bills to pay, it's not like they can just go out and buy a new gaming console. You have to think about what you're doing. Just because you have money doesn't mean everyone else does, it doesn't make it sad. If you are a "starving college student" and have money, why are you starving. Some people have more important things to take care of than buying a gaming console.
    [/b][/quote]
    the starving student part was a figure of speach. and I don't have bills to pay? rent and utilities make up the bulk of everyone's expenses, I don't see what other bill there are for a financially responsible person, perhaps a mortgage, but most people whop can afford a house make more than the $15 an hour figure I was assuming, i mean $15 an hour is roughly $1700 a month after taxes, double what I make and the bulk of the US lives in places where rent is around half of what it is where I live. Assuming a person doesn't drink, do drugs, or partake in some overly expensive hobby I really don't see how they(the average person) don't have thousands of dollars in the bank. Heck I know there are illegal immigrants living in america making under minimum wage and they still manage to send back several hundred dollars a month, so why is it that people making 2-3 times as much as that can't save the same?

5. FallenAngelVII

FallenAngelVII Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy=boring

Don't need it as an exclusive, we have M.A.G. (Massive Action Game)

256 players online, 8 player squads ^_^. Enjoy Final Fantasy XBOX Fanboys :P.

6. TAD. Zolo

TAD. Zolo Well-Known Member

You still need money for a lot of things. You may not realize it now but you will. People have things they need for living, some people don't have that money, I never said "No one" has that kind of money. Some people aren't as fortunate and I know plenty of people who aren't that fortunate.

7. xlink

You still need money for a lot of things. You may not realize it now but you will. People have things they need for living, some people don't have that money, I never said "No one" has that kind of money. Some people aren't as fortunate and I know plenty of people who aren't that fortunate.
    [/b][/quote]
    such as? as far as I'm concerned the only bills I have are rent, utilities, food and replacing things which wear out but that's relatively minor. what clothes? that's maybe $250 a year... as it is I make more money than I spend and I have a ----ty low paying job and don't even work full time and I live in Southern California which is one of the most expensive places in the world to live in. No I'm not living in the lap of luxury but I'm able to get a few nice things each month and still put money into the bank.

8. TAD. Zolo

TAD. Zolo Well-Known Member

[/b][/quote]
    such as? as far as I'm concerned the only bills I have are rent, utilities, food and replacing things which wear out but that's relatively minor. what clothes? that's maybe $250 a year... as it is I make more money than I spend and I have a ----ty low paying job and don't even work full time and I live in Southern California which is one of the most expensive places in the world to live in. No I'm not living in the lap of luxury but I'm able to get a few nice things each month and still put money into the bank.
    [/b][/quote]

Think about it, some families just aren't as fortunate. Maybe it's different since you're a bachelor and you only have to provide for yourself, but maybe once you get a Wife (or husband) you will see it's not that easy. Plus think about when you have kids and all, you need to care for them and supply for them.

9. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Plenty of people not living under a roof with roommates xlink. Plenty of people making even LESS than you. Plenty of people with even MORE mouths to feed than just one. Plenty have people have girlfriends and go out on dates, etc. It is EXTREMELY easy to live paycheck to paycheck if your alone, without a roommate, entirely supporting yourself.

For myself, my montly bills are:
    $900 - Rent
    ~$175 to $300 - Groceries / Food ($300 if I decide to go to a fast food place most of the month)
    ~$150 - Dates / Date related things (toys, movies, candles, etc.)
    $130 - Car Insurange
    $100 - Health Insurance
    $120 - Gas (And I only live ~8 miles from work)
    $100 - Probation Charges
    $135 - Bills

Totalling up to $1935/mo. You need to make a bare minimum of ~$2,275/mo net before social security / taxes are taken into consideration. That is nearly $14.22/hr figuring a 40 hour work week to pay what I pay to live.

Minimum wage nationally is $7.25. That means the lowest anyone could effectively make taking 15% taxes out is $1,160 a month, thats not even enough to pay for the average rent for the area I live in and groceries for a month.

10. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

Compare Sony and Microsofts E3.
    The highlight of Microsoft's entire conference was FFXIII, which is nothing new aside from it going on Xbox. They also announced a poor Home copy with elements of Miis to try to appeal to younger audiences and a dashboard with several different styles all mashed together. As well as several games which have already been done before.

Take away FFXIII, and no one would give a monkeys. The store and XBL upgrade are the only interesting things they announced. Of course so do GoW and Fable 2, but thats not new.
    Not too mention Microsoft's direct attacks at the PS3 and Wii. Shows a lot about the company.

Look at what Sony announced. 256 online battles? How insane is that. (But of course, within a year Microsoft will have there copy out which won't be half as good.)

Like I said, Sony would have got a big fat check from Square Enix and FFXIII going over to Microsoft. So in return for the loss of exclusivity of one game, we'll get more better quality ones in return.

I hardly call that "Sony getting Served".

11. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Agreed, the Microsoft E3 basically sucked, all of the good games they had at E3 are also coming out on the other systems, and the dashboard looks horrible.

12. Pulse.

Pulse. Well-Known Member

too dam right..

to me the Wii was disappointing, Microsoft wasnt any better (oh wow we got Final Fantasy, whoopty doo). Playstation 3 has Killzone 2, God Of war 3, Little Big planet(loved the presentation), MAG, Motorstorm Pacific Rift and more..

Only thing i was excited about seeing from Microsoft was GoW2 and tbh it just looked exactly like the original GoW..except with the ability to pick up a downed guy and use him as a shield. tbh the 360 had a year head start on the PS3 and the PS3 has the better games and more of a mixed variety compared to the 360's shooters imo.

13. xlink

I just cut your living expenses in half. Where I live, i beleive a studio apartment is around 900ish, a 2 bedroom apartment is 1200-1400ish, rooms around here go for as low as $500ish

if it were 2 people and 2 kids under such said cheapskate practices

$1300 - Rent
    $600 - Groceries / Food - and that's being somewhat liberal
    $200 - Health Insurance
    $350 - Gas
    $250 - Car Insurange
    $300 - Bills
    $200 - misc stuff

that's a 3200 for 4 people to live an OK life with a few luxuries here and there, between two people that's around $13 an hour average between two parents... that's pretty meager. I live on around $750-800ish a month, I make $850-900ish at work and my dad gives me around $300 a month to help out... I'm not really living pay check to paycheck I'm living below my means and you know what? I still get to eat out every so often, I'll admit I have my health care paid for AND my college provide health care services on top of that, but even with my extremeley low and cheap standard of living I'd still have $100 a month for some basic health care insurance. The fact of the matter is that most people live above and beyond where they should be. My dad's a multi millionaire. I grew up with few luxuries. My parents tenants had a higher standard of living and they were living pay check to pay check. The simple fact is that most people are too liberal with their spending. I don't see how you're living pay check tp paycheck despite having triple my income, while I'm saving a few hundred each month.

14. KiTa

KiTa Well-Known Member

i never liked FF so i dont care

15. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

OOOOO!! even though i do play FF doesnt matter to me .. but 360 didnt get MGS4 im just happy coz of that !! Now MGS4 is one of the best games soo far on the PS3 and 360 wont touch it yet ;)

MAG seems good .. we'll see how long it takes M$hit to copy Sony in making one that can rival it .. maybe they have alredy started