Sonic

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by GAm3rX, Mar 6, 2013.

1. GAm3rX

GAm3rX Senior Member

[​IMG]

I think i gained a step

2. [DTA]

[DTA] Well-Known Member

Dude, huge step. Night and day in quality compared to your other signatures. There are a few things I want to point out though.
    [​IMG]
    I hope that helps you spot some things that are often hard to see when your the creator. I am really impressed with the jump from your previous signatures to this piece. It has a clean feel, nothing is horridly over contrasted, and it looks like you had a clear idea of what you wanted to do before starting the tag.

3. GAm3rX

GAm3rX Senior Member

Thanks man i appreciate that alot and yeah i have been reading tutorials and they help so much... and thank you for the little tut right there that helps alot actually..

[​IMG]

better?

4. [DTA]

[DTA] Well-Known Member

So I think you took what I pointed out a little to extreme. I tried to do my best to kind of show how subtle a change I was talking about. I simply used a light opacity brush set to black to dim the glare on the sword. The glove got a very light blur just to hide sharp edges. I apply the image and then use a very weak blur with a soft brush. I brushed the colors of the lines on a new layer set to color and turned down the opacity so it did glow. Applied the image and did a basic light effect filter.

The changes are not crazy as you can see. Kind of hard without original layers but I tried show you what I was talking about.

EDIT: I would actually leave the right and left background close to the same color. I emphasized where the light was coming from but with a background such as a night sky it should all retain the same color...or at at least I would think that. So basically all I did was dim the sword, color the lines and slightly emphasize the foreground lighting. You original background would look fine.

Mine
    [​IMG]
    Original
    [​IMG]
    Your update.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  5. thomasmm

thomasmm Well-Known Member

You gained a step, most def! V1 was good, V2 much better. Maybe make the left side a little bit less dark and maybe you can add a 'glowing effect' like you did on the left side as well?

Loving the progress ^^