Something New...

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by caleb_m, Aug 19, 2009.

1. caleb_m

caleb_m Well-Known Member

I found some GIMP tuts on devianart, and made some new stuff. I can also render in GIMP now!! HOORAH!!! Not that good, but I can.

[​IMG]
    Mainly this tut was just for showing you how to create and modify a texture background. It's really weird as far as the outcome, but CnC is appreciated!!

[​IMG]
    This one is better...following an easy tut that I can get for any GIMP user if they wish. (has small black border that can be seen by opening a new window). Again, CnC is appreciated!!

2. [.BC.] David

[.BC.] David 吉祥物

You could lose the motion blurs I think. And the text needs work, but that's GIMP's fault I guess. Try to incorporate more blending of the render too, they look like they were slapped on. The second one is better. The first ones color is off from the BG and your render. Looks like the tutorials did help though so keep those up.

3. Hoplite_A2

Hoplite_A2 Well-Known Member

Ahh, the infamous Gimp. ;)
    Don't let it fool you because it's free. That program can do wonders. :D
    Keep working and finding more tuts. Be careful when using blur in Gimp as it is easy to overdo. ;)
    Also, try messing with more effects and color rather than all these gray swashes. ;)

Composition, composition, composition. Make sure your tag flows from one end to the other.
    Keep working man, you're on the right track.

4. caleb_m

caleb_m Well-Known Member

Thank you guys :D

I try hard to get more of the effects in...and I'm gonna be using more and more tuts on different things I can do...thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot! :)