Something I Want To Do :(

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by Local, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Local

Local Well-Known Member

I saw this gallery many many months ago and fell in love with it but I lost where it was and I just recently discovered it again. I find these to be the most amazing pictures I have ever laid my eyes on o.o I want to do something really similar to this.

http://www.clarklittlephotography.com/gallery/

he was a big wave surfer and his wife wanted something to put on the wall so he went out with a lil "rinky dink" camera and started taking pictures. Then he developed a passion for it. anyhoo what do u think of it =[ if only underwater housing was cheaper and could take a beating I'd do the same :[

2. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Way cool. I've wanted to do something like that myself, but the housing would cost as much as the camera I'm shooting for (about 3 grand). Housing is not something you want to skimp on :lol:

I'm eventually going to buy a $250 point and shoot. Why? Because there's one model for that price that isn't just water resistant, it's water proof :)

3. Local

Local Well-Known Member

lol what camera is the point n shoot lol :P I really want to try this o.o it combines to things I love surfing\waves\water and photography o.o

4. Local

Local Well-Known Member

swoot gr lagged and it double posted =[

5. }SoC{SainT

6. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

Why would you choose a Point-and-Shoot over a casing?

7. }SoC{SainT

Two really good reasons:

I'm going to buy a new camera in the next year and a half. Housing is custom to each camera model due to varying button layouts.

I don't have $2000 to buy the housing, but $350 is affordable. I'm already going to be in debt after I graduate, since I have to spend $8-15K on equipment while I still get the student discount (interest still wouldn't cause the price to overlap with what I'd pay as a commercial user over a student, so it's not worth waiting). If the housing won't be used regularly, there's no point in getting it, just like a fisheye lens. You need one of those, you rent it instead of buy it. I might be able to rent the housing though, I dunno about that.

8. dinges

dinges Senior Member

cool stuff, but personally it's not worth the money for me, I live in a country where underwater shooting is nearly impossible, the average vision here is about 30cm and not really close to any interesting sea spots ;)

9. }SoC{SainT

It would be cool for me, since there's lots of water nearby, and I'm two hours from the beach. Just... not worth it. Way more important things to buy. I do hope to buy some housing one day though, since there's stuff I'd like to do in a pool :)