Some Bible Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .//XeN-, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

^RebelYell101
    It was stated in the Bible that God punished a man for ejaculating outside of a woman's vagina. This directly states that whenever you have sex you must ejaculate your semen in the woman's vagina.

2. Acid Gambit

Acid Gambit Well-Known Member

Religion give people something to belive in, and if people are loyal to something they are harder to control and brainwash. And why are christians against inbreeding? Adam and Eve and their kids did it alot!

anyway Iam not christian so I realy cant answear.

oh you forgot about Adam and Lilith(unless that wasnt part of your point).

3. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

Because, long after Adam and Eve, incest was outlawed. By God.

4. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

5. RebelYell101

Hmm, well I'll look that up. But, you have to understand, alot of the Old Testement laws are not required to be followed anymore. For instance the sacrificing of animals. The Jews were under some strict laws, but not so much Gentiles. Like, it isn't required to get circumcised anymore.

Merged Post:

Okay, I did some quick research.

Now, it was law that if a husband died, his brother would marry and concieve with his late-brother's wife. Now, Onan just took advantage of her, and was suposed to concieve, but instead pulled out.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

he did/

it's simply that the bible is his word to Humans.

TO HUMANS.

by our nature and through His design, we are to have a finite intellectual capacity and with such said, I don't need a book with 12billion names of humans and what they did.

if the bible included everything, it woudl total every single book ever writen in any language the details of every human though and more. There would not be enough paper to write one book yet alone millions.

THE BIBLE IS A SUMMARY, NOT AN IN DEPTH HISTORY.

7. RebelYell101

Yay, someone who actually knows what they are talking about. The Bible is already a rather large book, it only gives us principles to apply to our lives, not exact instructions. Because, seriously if the Bible said, "Don't smoke pot." Then Moses would have been like..."How can you smoke clay?" So, instead he said, "Take care of this temple, of which I live in." (Temple being your body). ;)

8. n00b

n00b Well-Known Member

adam and eve were the first white people/jewish or w/e , there were already africans etc. cause its not possible for them to have asians, africans etc. and don't tell me about that "evolution" horse----.

9. .Celestial

.Celestial Well-Known Member

There was never a color given. Hell it's possible, but it's also possible for them to have been ----ing purple.

Colors of people didn't really start to originate until after the tower of babel.

10. ThA-ViLLAin

ThA-ViLLAin Well-Known Member

I got one thing to say

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

11. BKMSTR

BKMSTR Well-Known Member

No there were only Adam and Eve. The gene pool was so huge in them that they had all the genes for africans, asains, caucasions, and any other race.

12. xlink

from what i reall , racial diferences didn't emerge until after noah.

so for adam and eve's race, i'd select "all of the above"

13. SM Valence

SM Valence Well-Known Member

Not all of the Bible is meant to be taken literally, according to the Catholic religion (the religion which is most accurate to history). it is more symbolic then anything.

But also, as you learn in Life Sciences, life forms adapt and change according to their settings. As people spread across the world, they began developing slightly different then others over time, to adapt to their surroundings (explaining the different races).

Joe

14. xlink

how many people claim they beleive in science without understanding the yheory behind it.

EVERYONE BELIEVES IN SOMETHING AND NOONE IS EXCLUDED FROM THAT.

that's how the average human is, they're irrational and follow whatever trend is predominant. The average person is an idiot.

15. femiCOM

femiCOM Well-Known Member

hm..i dont think hes trying to zone in on christians..i myself am not a believer, but every summer my aunt still makes me attend church. i told her that i dont have beliefs and so she told me to do research to prove that "god" didnt create humans. you cant prove it, theres 2 sides that make sense, one of somewhat sounds like a fantasy, and one that sounds like a sci-fi movie. my conclusion, i figured if the bible is real, then why do christians (not just them) and others sit back and say that all the other religions are a lie? so basically you have all these ppl saying that each religion is a lie. so basically in all beliefs there is 1 and only 1 creator of the human race, only 1 can be real, so either its fake, or only 1 is real...sorry for going a little off topic..hada do it