Some Bible Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .//XeN-, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

Cooolway, your third answer is not entirely true. Earth did have one continent only, called Pangaea, but it was about 500 million years ago.

2. EckoTizer

EckoTizer Well-Known Member

I might be being stupid...but why does them having two kids mean they commited incest...why couldnt Adam & Eve have just had two kids...like many families do without commitng incest :S

3. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

Jeez people, I'm not trying to offend Christians, I'm just asking what the Bible says about these things as I was wondering myself. Stop trying to find fault in me.

Merged Post:

And Ecko, because Adam and Eve were the original humans so if they only had 2 sons then they would have to have commited incest to populate the planet.

4. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

^ And its unrealistic that God the all-powerful cannot create more than two people in the beginning. And if he did why He did not tell us about it in the Bible. He should not be so obscure when writing the Bible.

5. BKMSTR

BKMSTR Well-Known Member

He said he only created 2 people. Incest wasn't banned until way later on in (I think) Leviticus which is 2 books later. Look at Microevolution and how a new "species" can be created out of an older one by being seperated from the large family. There may be some dominant genes in the big population that are not so prevelent in the smaller group. This creates a new "species" that can't interbreed w/ the bigger population but which is still called whatever the bigger population is called. Same thing w/ Adam and Eve. They had all the genes possible in their gene pool. So they passed them on to their kids. Their kids multiplied and passed on some of the genes but not all of them. Soon each person had a small enough gene pool that if you had incest you could possibly create really bad mutations in your kids. This is also the reason that out of 2 people how all the diversity came from. And as I said before the bible says that Adam and Eve had more sons and daughters.

And to .//XeN- -I respect your wishes to find out more about the bible. And I in no way am looking for a fault in you. I just hope you come to understand the answers, from a biblical stand point, of your questions.

6. .Celestial

.Celestial Well-Known Member

Incest, wasn't necessarily bad back then. They didn't have the problems with incest we have today. The genes were still inside only a couple people, so when those two mated they constantly had genes for the new child to inherit.

And people back then didn't have the same life span as we did. They lived to be well over 100.

I don't see this as bashing, Just some questions.

7. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if you're not trying to offend people; you did. Just because you didn't mean to does not make it right, nor does it give you the right to criticize others, call them idiots, and then somehow expect not to have people find faults in your logic.
    ---
    They were the original humans, yes. Does that mean that there weren't more out there? God doesn't exactly have to reveal everything in the Bible, and you shouldn't expect him to. And Cain and Abel were not the only two kids that Adam and Eve had; after Cain killed Abel, they had Seth. They had a few more unnamed ones. That means possible daughters that married others from other tribes. Fast-forward that a few thousand years and you have quite a diverse selection for people to choose from.

Besides that, the children were not had until well after the expulsion from the garden. Therefore, just as God hasn't revealed to us every last detail, it's pretty safe to assume that there were others out there. Nowehere in the Bible does it say that they committed incest, nor does it condone incest. Leviticus however condems it.

8. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

Ffs man, I'm asking a few questions because I was wondering these things. Clearly you have a problem with me. I'd rather you just stopped trying to get people to look at me badly in my topic, and just went and annoyed someone else. You're not helping.

9. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

Lets say he did create more, he never specifically says that he didn't. In other words, this question doesn't change anything. As someone else has said, incest wasn't outlawed until long after the Genises.

And Ferret, I don't know if you claim to be a Christian, but you aren't acting like one, cursing so much. You aren't helping anyone, please stop posting.

10. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

bible this bible that.
    i was raised a catholic but dont believe in some of that hoopla

11. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Never said I was. I'm not, I just happen to dislike ignorance.

12. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

But according to Geology, rocks can date back to 190 million years old. According to Archaeology and Paleontology, fossils found can date back up to 200 million years old.

Why does God's rule change? It was a sin to use condom during the early years but now the Pope supports it. I thought God's rule are to be followed not twisted to fit society.

13. RebelYell101

Well, the name of this topic is, "BIBLE questions..."....

The Pope does not have the final word, the Pope is nothing more then a celebrity. He's no better, no more "Holy" then anyone else, he's only a man. I even doubt whether or not he is a Christian, as I do not think Catholicism is Christian. God’s rules don’t change, he added a rule. He didn’t change his rules. No where in the Bible does it say, “Condoms are bad, don’t use them!”

Lol, modern scientist also say you came from a monkey, you may choose to believe that, however I'd rather not.

14. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

well i was just saying.
    who died and made you mod?

15. RebelYell101

Lol, no one. I'm pointing out that you saying, "Bible this, Bible that..I'm Catholic and don't believe half of it." Is retarded, it doesn't help the topic, and the whole point of this topic is for us to answer the questions using the Bible. Which I did...lol...