Some Bible Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .//XeN-, Nov 12, 2006.

1. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, I'm sure most people know here, but I'm opposed to religion in any way, and I don't think it helps the world. But that's not the point of this topic. I'm sure some people will say "PUT TIHS OFFFTOPIC NOOB" but I think it deserves better place here, as it may have mixed views.

Anyway, my topic is essentially me wanting to douse my fires of curiosity. I was thinking the other day, and I came across some...loopholes in the Bible, if you will. I've never read the Bible, and I dont intend to, so I was hoping someone/some people could tell me the answers to these questions. Also, if people think of more questions, you might aswell ask here.

1/If Adam and Eve were the only original humans, and they only had 2 sons, doesn't that mean that one of their sons must have slept with Eve (aka his mother) ?

2/If Adam and Eve were the only original humans, and they were both white, where did people of different nationalities/ethnic backgrounds come from?

3/If Adam and Eve were the only original humans, then how did Native Americans end up on America? Since technically the Native Americans would have come from the same place as everyone else and therefore would have to have taken boats to America too, meaning they wern't native.

I would appreciate it if any Christians could tell me how the Bible answers these questions.

2. [.BC.] Aedus

[.BC.] Aedus Well-Known Member

I thought they were the original humans, yet not the only ones

3. .//XeN-

That would explain number 2 and 3...

4. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

1/If Adam and Eve were the only original humans, and they only had 2 sons, doesn't that mean that one of their sons must have slept with Eve (aka his mother) ?

2/If Adam and Eve were the only original humans, and they were both white, where did people of different nationalities/ethnic backgrounds come from?

3/If Adam and Eve were the only original humans, then how did Native Americans end up on America? Since technically the Native Americans would have come from the same place as everyone else and therefore would have to have taken boats to America too, meaning they wern't native.

(1) Adam and Eve had more then two sons, for one Cain killed Abal, commiting the first murder, and Cain was banished. They had another son, that is mentioned named, Seth, and those are not their only children, just the only ones mentioned. I think they had daughters and such too, but that is only speculation.

(2) Well, after the flood of Noah's day, and after Noah died, they all stayed together. Then Nimrod (actually, that is his name..lol) tried to build a tower, named the tower of Babel. He tried to get to Heaven from this tower. God wanted the people to seperate, and cover the world, not just the Middle East, so he confused their languages. Making them spread out. And the ones that went to Africa, were in the sun more, and became darker and darker...and so on...

(3) Well, I don't remember who, but the Bible says "In so and so's day the earth was split." Now, if you look at a globe, then you will notice that if you were to squish all the contenents together, they would form one big land mass, this implies that the world may have been like that in the day of the Tower of Babel. Archieologists have found campgrounds in the strait that seperates modern day Russia and Alaska. Implying that it wasn't always seperated. So they may have came across that land bridge, that is no longer there.

Hope these help. If not, sorry.

5. .//XeN-

Ahhh yes, that does make sense ._.

I cant believe I didn't realise #3 myself... *slaps self*

Thank you.

6. Moch+

Moch+ Well-Known Member

For number 3, you need to realize that Indians came to America a really long time ago across the Bering Straights land bridge which no longer exists.

7. RebelYell101

That's what I said...lol..

8. Moch+

Moch+ Well-Known Member

I didn't see you mention the Bering Straight, but now I do.

9. RebelYell101

Well, I didn't name it specifically, so my bad.

10. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

I think Adam and Eve were metaphors or similes or whatever. I don't think that 2 people started the human race.

And for 2, I guess when people migrated around the world, their skin adapted to the different climates.

11. Allanon

Allanon Active Member

I agree, and you must also realise that the bible is written by humans and has been translated several times. Humans are obviously imperfect so how can they write about something (God) that is allegedly perfect? They can't, at least not completely accurately. Also that and the constant translations of the Bible create a lot of the loopholes that we see today. Your questions mainly revolved around creation of humans, and as Fry said the story could merely be symbolic for the creation. Seeing as it says God crafted humans, I think it means that it means that God set evolution into place, or something weird like that.

12. Mounty

Mounty Well-Known Member

Humans arent good enough in wisdom, knowledge and understanding to understand and "take in" some parts in the bible, such as how the sea seperated into 2, and crushed down on the Egyptians...

Its the people that truly believe the bible for what it is. Not the people who try and take and understand in their own terms.

13. BKMSTR

BKMSTR Well-Known Member

It was writen by humans physically but not mentall (not the word I'm looking for but close enough). God inspired them to write what they wrote. Some of the translations today are from the original texts translated straight out of the Hebrew and Greek like the New King James Version and the King James Version. But others are paraphrases of those like the New International Version. There are mistranslations in our translation but not many. And those are very unimportant wordings. If you don't think something sounds right you can go back to the greek words and see what they truely mean. And Adam and Eve were the first humans ever. They had Cain and Able first. Cain killed able and was banished like already said. Then Adam and Eve had Seth. He was the one that God favored and the one Moses and later Jesus came from. After it said they had Seth it says "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were 800 years: and he begat sons and daughters" Genesis 5:4 (KJV Version). So he had many other sons and daughters. It isn't like it is today where we only live maybe 100 years if we're lucky and women back then could have kids for alot longer than they can now.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me by pm or here in this topic.

14. RebelYell101

That's what is so funny to me when people say, "I believe God is real, but the Bible is wrong. Humans wrote it." If God was real, and he wanted the Bible to be His Word, then he would make it so it wasn't a mistake.

15. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

A question: why do you even give a damn if you don't believe it to be true? All of your questions are designed to humiliate Christians, not answer some curiosity.

And why not ask the same of Jews and Muslims? Both have the same creation story (Genesis) as ---------? Why do you single Christians alone out?