So, I Was Thinking.

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by rueterj, Jan 6, 2009.

1. rueterj

rueterj Certified IT Professional

What do you guys think about a group Flickr account?

I could register a name on yahoo and we could all have the credentials to login.

I think it would be much easier to post pictures and share links and such.

Let me know and I'll make the account.

2. .:Illuminati:.

.:Illuminati:. Senior Member

Well, we have a devArt account, I dunno when was the last time anybody uploaded anything but we can share stuff through there.

3. rueterj

I really don't like Deviant art for photography, since flickr is designed specifically for photography, I think it would make more sense.

4. Slight

Slight Senior Member

yeah, i dont liek DA i don't understand it besides im lazy to write a desc :P

5. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

I never liked Flickr either :P. They are both pretty much capable of the exact same stuff, I just don't like how galleries are displayed on Flickr. I like how it gets more detailed on the metadata though... So, now we are at an impasse. How 'bout someone who's willing to manage a Flickr account set it up and we give permission to upload certain photos? Same as dA :) (which I still check every now and then, just so you know)

6. rueterj

That sounds good, I'll set up the account.

We should have some sort of tagging rules as to differentiate between each person's uploads, I suppose we could make a new album for each of us.

But also, we need to watch the upload sizes, as we are only allotted a certain amount per month.

7. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put the full sizes on there in the first place. It invites theft. My max size would be 600px wide for portrait oriented photos, and 900px wide for landscape oriented photos. Large enough to get the full effect, small enough to be useless as a stock. Just make sure that you emphasize that Camera Drawn is not the creator, nor the owner, and only has rights to display the pieces.

This is what I have on dA:
    Go with the album idea :). We can start a separate topic to post which photos each of us would like to include. And maybe add that they can be added to dA as well.