So Confused

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TMD 3:16, Sep 2, 2007.

1. TMD 3:16

TMD 3:16 Active Member

What is the big deal? Everyone tells me how great the Halo games are, but I just don't get it. I've played and beat both Halo and Halo 2. And to me, the graphics were sub-par, the story was laughable, and the weapon choices were pretty predictable, not to bring up the Resident Evil control scheme. And the enemy AI was a joke. It was just a sci-fi FPS. Someone. Please explain the hype to me! I'm so confused!

2. Link_2006

Link_2006 Well-Known Member

To understand the hype you would have had to play halo 1 and halo 2 at they're release dates or around because back in those days they were amazing. Right now, I'm just impressed how much graphics and gameplay has improved in gaming because I have great classics to compare from. Right now you might be disapointed if you play halo 1 and 2 but you had to play them from the start to get the full feel of it.

3. TMD 3:16

TMD 3:16 Active Member

I played Halo 2 just about a month after its release and I was still pretty dissapointed.

4. Link_2006

Link_2006 Well-Known Member

What about halo 1. It's because of Halo 1 I got Halo 2 and from the improvements I saw I was astonished. It's a good game, some people don't think so =\

5. lunatic

lunatic Well-Known Member

multiplayer is where its at the campaign blow for both but multiplayer is where i usually have fun with my friends and ----

6. wilkey925

wilkey925 New Member

play xbox live and youll get a better feeling of them

7. I 2 SyK I

I 2 SyK I Member

Halo 2's campaign was alright... But without doubt halo's campaign was better, but as far as multi player goes, h2 owns, the BR is way cooler than the pistol any day :)

8. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

only by console standards, by the standards of a PC gamer who'd been playing FPSes the last 10 years from DOOM to tribes to CS, the halo was pretty dull.

9. Jtp

Jtp Well-Known Member

Why are you asking us to change your opinion? If you don't like it then someones words wont make you think it is a good game...

Halo 2's campaign wasn't as great as we expected but the multiplayer of each game in the series can keep me occupied for endless amounts of time. There, will that change your outlook? Probably not ;)

10. [-Wizard-]

[-Wizard-] Senior Member

[/quote]

Well, what are you comparing it to? It's true, PC shooters do have the upper hand on graphics. But the online experience you get from Halo 2 is unbeatable.

Play Halo 3 when it comes out. Play the 4-Player co-op. Then you will understand the hype.

11. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

Even though i'm a bit bored of halo 2 now, at its time of release it was a fantastic game (Online anyways), which made the game what it is. Not many people will say that the campaign is better than the multiplayer. Even graphics wise, at the time, they were fairly decent which makes it an all round god game. Its only really the online that made it stand out...it set the bar for online multiplayer games to come.

12. Watahboi

Watahboi Well-Known Member

I am not really a fan of Halo as well. But I still played it. I use to stay up late into the night playing Multiplayer cause its awesome. I wont be getting halo 3 because of the fact that I dont have a Xbox 360.

13. Knotical

Knotical Member

I hope you are kidding?
    When Halo 2 was relased on the Xbox it had the best graphics to date on almost any system in 2004, As for the story Halo had a great one, then Halo 2 went sour but Halo 3 is going to finish the fight.

There is also novels available to read about the enitre Halo universe to give you a more clear understanding of where the games are coming from.