Slr Cameras

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MagicX, Feb 28, 2009.

1. MagicX

MagicX Active Member

hiii, im looking to buy a new camera to continue with my passion of photography :)

i really want a decent SLR or D-SLR camera, but im on a budget and dont wana end up spending £750 or something over the top...

i was wondering what you lot thought would be the best buy, and why, also what camera produces the best richest quality photos for a low price :)

thankss!

2. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Define 'low price'.

This should probably be in technology too, but I am too lazy to move it.

3. MagicX

MagicX Active Member

hmmm £400 at most if possible, if not ill see some suggestions and just save up some more cash..(last resort)

sorry.. my bad

4. MythicX

MythicX Senior Member

i used to have a Canon EOS 450d before i ebayed it.. it was brilliant but i gave up photography =\

its slightly out of your price range but i think you may be able to pick one up on ebay for 500ish with all the lenses if you get a good buy

id recommend that.. but i dont know much tech about cameras =]

5. FlanteJuice

FlanteJuice Well-Known Member

did you go about on purchasing one yet? you can get a d40/d50(entry-level) from nikon. but if you want to have more head room to grow, save up and get at least a d80(----sumer)

6. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

D80 will hurt your wallet, but is a good price for a good quality camera. Do not buy the D40x. That model is a pure publicity ploy, taking advantage of our belief that more megapixels is better. I use the D40 and I'd be perfectly happy with it if I didn't plan to go --- in the end. It's a good price, the 18-55 kit lens is a tad better than Canon's 18-55 kit lens. Your best advantage with Nikon is being able to use older lenses. They're cheaper and you get better glass for your money.

However, both brands are excellent. 450D is a better buy than Nikon's entry level SLR's. Cost you from £500-£650, depending on who you buy it from. Canon's entry on Amazon has two lenses with it as well.