Sleep Deprivation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elusive., Sep 21, 2005.

1. mori

mori Well-Known Member

take some nyquill?

2. .Lost

.Lost Well-Known Member

umm if u dotn want pills
    drink the entire doseage of nyquil
    i usually drink half of what the nyquil bottle tells me, cuz once i drank what i was supposed to drink and fell over asleep within 10 mins..

but dont OD urself lol

3. dragcarracer

dragcarracer Member

y dont u try and exhuast your self b runing alot or somthin?

4. sukaduk™

sukaduk™ Senior Member

Get some sleeping pills or deink warm milk

5. ghettolt

ghettolt Well-Known Member

Music, milk, hot bath, jakuzzi..............

6. cochise

cochise Well-Known Member

see a therapist...

7. Buddha

Buddha Well-Known Member

I also had this problem and I though about seeing a doctor. But instead my friend told me just to drink a glass of milk and watch infomercials. Those really gay long commercials about stuff no one needs. Like that ladder that can position itself in 45 different angles or whatnot. Trust me it works I got over the problem in about a week with just infomercials and milk.

8. blakout

blakout Well-Known Member

taking a shower is a good idea....i wash my face with cold water...weird huh....but it helps me

9. Comatosis

Comatosis Well-Known Member

Or, get into yoga and other forms of meditation. I haven't tried them myself, but I also have a lot of trouble sleeping. According to the premature diagnosis of some doctor, I have what's called mind racing, and I just can't stop thinking about different random things. It's really weird, and it gets really annoying when I'm trying to go to sleep, because I just can't stop thinking and my mind never shuts off to a point where I'm relaxed. I even start thinking constantly about trying not to think about anything so that I can sleep, and then I don't sleep.

So, meditation/yoga would probably help, since it's intended to increases your health of body and mind. Sounds corny, but it's popular enough that there's little reason to believe it's not effective.

Also, I don't know whether or not you're a religious person or anything, but for example, my mom says she prays every night while laying down. She's catholic, so she does the usual Our Fathers and Hail Marys and a few other ones every night, and according to her, she often times goes to sleep before finishing. The repetitiveness of it has a soothing effect in the long run, I guess. And if religion isn't your thing, I'd suggest memorizing a long poem of sorts. I haven't personally tried it out either, but eventually I'm gonna work on memorizing Poe's The Raven and then reciting it to myself (in my head) every night while in bed.

<_<