Skate Website For College

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by N:Phect, Jan 13, 2009.

1. N:Phect

N:Phect Member

for one of my college assignments we have to design a skate shop website and this is the one i have done

this is just the menswear section and the website isnt supose to be a shop just to show users what the shop has for sale

[​IMG]

let me know what you all think and suggestions would be helpful thanks ;)

2. iPro

iPro Senior Member

It needs work.

- The logo, slapping on a text and adding a star to it isn't really that creative... Think of a custom logo. Remember that most logos are very simple, so stick with that.

- The banner. What the hell is with the guy? Half of him is blurred, the other half is super-blurred?

- The navigation. The typography is horrible. Think of a more creative place to put it, maybe on the right side of the super-blurred skater. That would take away some of the negative space on that side.

- The content. The typography, again. The heading font looks horrible, and not only that, if you didn't tell me that it was menswear beforehand, I would've been lost. For any other texts that aren't headings, in the design aspect they should be typed with AA:none.
    The pictures of the shirts can be a little more creative aswell. I would render them but that's just me.

- The content background needs work aswell. The green grunge isn't really working that well, maybe if you mixed up the colors a bit it would. The lightning cracks are totally ruining it for me though.

- The overall background is too plain and also needs work. I would consider making a pattern of skate-brand logos and making that into a background.

3. weavee

weavee Well-Known Member

^^^
    explained it all lol not even gonna hop on this one

not saying in a bad way mate :)

4. Brandon W

Brandon W Well-Known Member

Not bad at all, but it is really small. Also one question that tickles me, is the gray border going to be there when the site is built or not?