Site Problems

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AV B.I., Jun 28, 2006.

1. AV B.I.

AV B.I. Well-Known Member

alright im having some problems with my site. here is my problem:

I had a site on a host that was free so it put banners on my site. Now I have another host that isnt free but I wanna switch the boards over to this site so I dont have to redo everything. well I got everything on my old host through the FTP and saved it on my cpu and reuploaded it to the new host but all the banners came up and the other stuff that I had came up on the site. SO I just decided to reinstall IPB on this new host. IS there a way to switch all the boards and all the info I have to the new host? so I wont have to restart all over? and is there way to do that where I wont get the banners? please I really need to get this done thaks!

2. McFarlane

McFarlane Well-Known Member

Reinstall the skin on to the new forums, along with all the mods and etc.

Do a database export from the forums on your old host (might be in SQL tools in the admin panel, or you can do it in phpmyadmin)

And import that database to replace the database made for the new IPB you just installed.

3. BananaFX

BananaFX Well-Known Member

mcfarlane is right, if your not sure how to use phpmyadmin and you are using cpanel you can backup/restore the database under the backup section

4. InfiniteGFX

InfiniteGFX Well-Known Member

If you still have the old forum files, just remove the advertisment from template files. But if you do not know how to do it then it will be hard.