Sig Of The Week Canceled Until Further Notice

Discussion in 'SOTW Archive' started by Andrew, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Recently, regardless of how the voting turns out - their are always at least 20 individuals who bitch about the votes.

Sig of the Week will be canceled until well past the new year, while we try revamp the entire proces and include a public vote for Sig of the Week. The public vote will not decide WHO has won Sig of the Week, it will merely be figured into the current system we have of voting.

We will also be dumbing down the rules, and creatin stiffer penalties for breaking them. Our rules have not changed much since back in the day when Guinness70 and bratzer ran most of the Sig of the Weeks, there is no reason why people should STILL BE not following them. Its a lack of taking the effort to read them, and check your signature when posting.

When the moderators spend 2 hours to compile the list for voting, and then for you guys/and gals to later be able to view, and all we see is: Why didn't so-so win? It does not give us much incentive to wanting to run the Sig of the Week for members.

If you have any suggestions to creating a better Sig of the Week, the staff will be glad to listen to them.

Thanks,
    Global Moderators

2. Shadowgamers

Shadowgamers Well-Known Member

Public voting= Mass opertunity for credit whoring for a win (people are that desperate)

But I know you thought of that already :D

And;

20 people out of the what, hundredish or so people who reply?, kinda outweigh's their opinion there.

3. nayr`

nayr` Well-Known Member

BFTP, you know me. I would be glad to help out especially my taste of sigs. Everyone likes them my taste.

4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

... This isn't the approriate thread to let us know your interested in a staff job, all of us are(or were - since i'm already staff).

This is the thread to inform the members of GameRenders that Sig of the Week is canceled, and getting a small facelift. You guys wanted a public vote, and when its abused to the extreme - the global moderators are going to sit back and say 'I told you so'.

BFTP

5. G72

G72 Guest

... This isn't the approriate thread to let us know your interested in a staff job, all of us are(or were - since i'm already staff).

This is the thread to inform the members of GameRenders that Sig of the Week is canceled, and getting a small facelift. You guys wanted a public vote, and when its abused to the extreme - the global moderators are going to sit back and say 'I told you so'.

BFTP [/b][/quote]
    Hear hear ,

Loving my break , no whinging , it`s bliss , cya in a month ;)

6. Shadowgamers

YOU FAIL AT READING.
    GOOD DAY SIR.

walks out

7. LXSCOPE

LXSCOPE Senior Member

This is a great example of how a couple little baby sore losers can ruin it for thousands of people. I dont think a public voting rule would apply here but a sotw voting crew should do the trick. I'd like to thank the little babies who whine over a contest on the internet for 150 credits, get a life.

8. Leethal

Leethal Well-Known Member

Create a SOTW Voting team, compiled of some of the "best of the best" so to speak, but make a large variety.

9. Kante

Kante Well-Known Member

let emerald decide :D

No, seriously, a little group of trusted people could be a jury and decide who wins. i guess thats the most complicated way but its the only way how it will work... at least there will be no complaining about "cheaters" anymore :)

/edit: thats a pitty... i was looking forward to enter the next one sine i'm prem but nvm :)

10. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

Well you should try and get some experienced photoshop users to be able to vote. The public will just vote for their friends etc. So therefor it would be better to have the experienced people to vote because they can see what has been pulled of good or bad in a signature. Since admins and mods don't have time for GFX they don't know what's good or bad in the particular sig, just that they have a personal liking for a signature.

The PS-experienced users can be more objective with their votes in other words.

11. Shadowgamers

But then comes the debate about what decides PS experience and what shows amaturity to the program. And then n00bs wo believe their sigs to be masterpieces complain when they dont win anyway.

12. Master

Master Senior Member

The "Photoshop Experienced Users" are the users who win the SOTW's. If we eliminate them from the competition, it will be easier to win, and not as many good winnings.

13. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

bout time, i dont wanna see sotw gone but its about time people stop takin privilges for granted

14. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

Master not everyone enters the sotw though. You're right, it would eliminate some competition. But it would be worth it, since people learn new things all of the time ^^

15. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

Don't let normal members vote, this isn't a democracy. Normal people are stupid. We should just trust the staff to do there job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.