Sig Making

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GunnersBorn, Nov 10, 2005.

1. GunnersBorn

GunnersBorn Well-Known Member

i was just wondering where all you guys on this forum learnt to make sigs cos they are much much much better than the ones on the playstation forum (which i am getting really bored of at the mo).

did you guys use tutorials? if so, which ones......

p.s. i really like all the sigs i seen so far, keep it up.

2. xanax

xanax Well-Known Member

by clapping ur hands together what do you think we use photoshop and yes tutorials and use brushes from devaintart.com or u can find some here

3. GunnersBorn

i said where did you learn not where did you make them. you sir, are a dick. i've looked at goodtutorial.com but i can't seem to find anything to do with that smudge technique that seems to be in at the mo.

4. AcidGlow

AcidGlow Well-Known Member

I read a few tuts that interest me on some graphic forums. Trial and Error doesn't hurt either. :) I don't go to GT because I hate their damn pop up ads all the time..annoying so bleh..

5. own3d4u

own3d4u Well-Known Member

read tuts, just browze different graphics sites....but yes, www.deviantart.com and browze for photoshop brushes...you will pick up on things as you go. Different techniques and stuff, also, experimenting helps

6. Equivalent Exchange

Equivalent Exchange Well-Known Member

Practice makes perfect mang.

Find tuts, practice techniques, post your stuff places and get it critiqued

7. home_fry

home_fry Well-Known Member

yea just lots of practice and learning new things all the time. The more familiar with photoshop you get, the better

8. DrZapp

DrZapp Well-Known Member

Well actually just take a bunch of images, blur them, motion blur them etc. And move em around and get a nice looking bg. ;)

Or trial and error works as well. :lol:

9. VertigO-CI

VertigO-CI Well-Known Member

i myself learned by trial and error, but i also found it helpful to join a pure gfx forum (like this one) where i could post my work and have it critiqed. Plus i looked at deviantart/here/GT/etc...for effects and such

but my advice, just mess around, i gurantee u that ull create sumthin u never thought u could make

10. .vivid

.vivid Senior Member

I'm not very good but what I have learned I got from trying it and somewhat tutorials.

11. Otaku23

Otaku23 Well-Known Member

I read a few tuts, changed them up, and made 2 of my own styles out of (and no, I'll never release a tut on how to make mine). I suggest you do the same

12. .:[r]:.

.:[r]:. Well-Known Member

Use Adobe Photoshop.

Start by experimenting. Get a feel for what each tool and option does.

Look at tutorials. They help with becoming accustomed to Photoshop. Try to remember the techniques taught and do not just mindlessly follow the steps.

Look at other people's signatures. Especially some quality ones. If you PM me, I'll give you some links to some designing forums to which some great designers go to. This is for inspiration purposes.

Practice and use your imagination. Go back to step one and apply all that you have learned into your experimenting.

Have fun and listen to good music.

Those are my tips for today...

13. .TRUTHgfx

.TRUTHgfx Well-Known Member

me, I read many, many tuts. Went to a class at school , which Is where I learnt the basics, som thigns I found out on my own, and I jumped from site to site until I got better.

14. GunnersBorn

were you guys any good at first? i've only made a few. i prefer the basic ones like my akira sig and stuff like that but i tend to get ripped for plain style. they all want this fancy pants ----e which don't look half good on the playstation forums. thay have a HUGE problem with colour schemes too. they can't see why i mix red, orange and yellow and no other colours in a sig, thay think it's plain or something. APOX on them i say, you guys know exactly what you are talking about.

15. Otaku23

Otaku23 Well-Known Member

If you are looking for something easy, read P4!nK!ll3r's first tut...