Sig Help

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by Termenzor, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Termenzor

Termenzor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

thats what i got so far. looking for some cnc and some suggestions on what to do to fill that giant hole on the right side. Thanks

2. Semper-Fi

Semper-Fi Well-Known Member

Put your render more in the middle. that way you can work on a lighter side and a darker side of the sig the lighter side obviously would go along with the light source and the darker side would be the shadow from that. then, don't stretch ur text way far away, try to put it a little inwards towards your focal point because it just distracts your eyes from the focal =] ur progressing u just gota work on little things, also add more effects in...try a c4d or sometihing =] gl have fun! =]

3. Termenzor

cool thanks, yeah, im trying to stray away from brushing, so im just making up stuff as i go. Thanks, honestly i dont even know how i didnt think to move the render towards the middle more.

ok. heres what i got

[​IMG]
    hows that look?

also, im not quite sure what a c4d is. could you help me out with that/tell how i get that?

4. Nankoto

Nankoto Well-Known Member

It looks pretty good, I think the brightness on his helmet lens layer is a bit much, maybe drop it down a bit, thats just my opinion.

c4d, I dont really know how to explain it, but, if you look at that big red thing in the sig here: http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=365092 that is a c4d.

5. Termenzor

ok, so how do i go about getting something like that. keep in mind that, aside from an extremely basic knowledge of ps, i just started like 2 days ago.

6. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

imo, you should take the scan lines out, it seemed pretty smooth in ur first post, but then you seemed to have over sharpened in your most recent. I'd say, if you can, get back to your previous point, then try either some c4d's, or brushing/smudging to give it a nice effect over the bg. there are tons of good tuts here so flip through a few to get some general ideas you like then try adding your own flavor ;)

7. Nankoto

Nankoto Well-Known Member

This site has a lot. You need to make an account(free) to view them full size.

Planet Renders

8. Termenzor

Awesome. thanks a ton. will do.

9. Kiyaa

Kiyaa Well-Known Member

Say no to scan lines. :P They ruin a sig if they're used over the whole thing imo.