Serious Question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RebelYell101, Jul 18, 2008.

1. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

So, according to EBK, the word nigga is ok, because white people say nigger.

So, I don't get it, he says with an "a" it's respect, can someone else please explain this to me? Only, make it make LOGICAL sense, not "Yea...so respect!"...seriously, I can't make sense out of it!

2. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

3. Kirz

Kirz Well-Known Member

I lol'd at that vid. The one on eminem.net :P just type in www.eminem.net/other/ and you will know which to pick. lol.

The second vid you posted nan is awesome.

4. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

5. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

6. wildsorrow

wildsorrow Well-Known Member

Damn you're more stupid than I thought.

The word was used in the old days as an offensive racist term to call different races, not just black people.

The rap and hip hop culture has kept the term fresh by continuing to say to it but these days the words definition is "fellow black man."

Whether you with an "a" at the end or "er" it still means the same thing. It is still offensive.

-

7. BetaMerc

BetaMerc Well-Known Member

Walk in the Street, go to the sewer, go down, to t
    I love the "I think black people use ..."

I should the answer to this question :D because I live in the Bronx . nigg@ is a friendly term for African-Americans. Same as Caucasians use "dude" a lot, African-Americans use the word nigg@. Now Nigg3r is offensive to any african-american. I guess it reminds them when they were getting whipped or something but it is offensive.

Very offensive.

8. KiTa

KiTa Well-Known Member

well none of the ones alive today have ever been whipped or anything i guess it could be like you call one of your friends a bitch and they dont get upset or think much of it and then later if you called a girl that it would be a big deal

9. dementia

Beta, you are a white guy who tries to act black and you live in one of the most prodominant black areas in the US and you still don't know jack about them.

How about this, just don't talk, wannabe black white kids don't need to comment on what blacks find offensive.

10. RebelYell101

That's kind of my point. I'm not stupid, thanks, and don't flame me, lets not be stupid yourself. According to EBK, and Nansta it DOES matter if it is an "a" or an "er". Also, I know where the word generates from. And "the old days" wasn't so old, only a few decades ago, if that. Well, the hip hop culture has never been accused of being very smart, which doesn't surprise me that you seem to understand this. My point is, it doesn't matter who says it, it should be offensive, it's racist by definition that it's offensive when just a white man says something, and not when a black man does. Doesn't surprise me either, that you seem to agree, as you're one of the more racist people I've seen on the site.

11. dementia

Careful now, hes black, he'll play the race card and you'll get thrown in jail for saying something against him.

This is exactly whats wrong with societies, all over, in this modern day world.

12. RebelYell101

Doesn't exactly shock me... :rolleyes:

13. iPro

iPro Senior Member

Its basically a double standard. They can say it, we can't. They can call us crackers and honkies, but once we say anything remotely close to the word black, we're the racists.

White people are the real minority.

14. RebelYell101

Yea, I guess. I called a girl gorilla once because she was hitting me in the back of the head, and I only called her that because she was big, her lips and nose were huge, and she sounded like she grunted all the time. So she calls me a cracker. A teacher heard her or someone told on us, I don't remember. I got demerits, and suspended for a day (I think, don't really remember what the punishment was) and she got in ZERO trouble. -_-...ugh...

15. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

Hey now...I edited my post just for you.

And that post was a joke...if you got it or not.