Serious Debate Form?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KraZe, Oct 31, 2005.

1. UV Moose

UV Moose Well-Known Member

I would love it, but the problem is that there's a lot of dumbasses here, maybe start it off with just topics in General Discussion with like a [Debate] tag

2. mori

mori Well-Known Member

If you want to debate, its best to go somewhere with more mature people. Try the blogs at various news station websites. Or the like.

3. cochise

cochise Well-Known Member

That alone is not going to stop morons from flaming and spamming until the topic is closed. There has to be someway to stop them from replying, or if they do, a way to utilize damage control without disrupting the flow of the debate.

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

Let me reiterate this in terms people better understand:

Xelink: *makes ass of self with question*
    Person A: you biggoted ----tard

really I had been at a forum where there was a debate section and I just was a jerk and I know history will repeat itself. Trust me, you will regret it...

5. KraZe

KraZe Well-Known Member

Jesus you goons, this had been addressed already! :P

I actually talked to Joe today about getting the script where you can only view cirtain forums with permission from a forum moderator or admin.

In other words, you have to be mature to even get into the debate forum. Maybe make a rule where you need like +10 rep to get in there.

6. stott

stott Well-Known Member

this would be a bad idea. i'd probably be there all the time owning 14 year old newbs who think they know something. would be too easy

7. xlink

you don't even need a script, they could just put you in a diferent user group. It really isn't that hard. Please put me in the serious discussion banned group.

8. SpiritCrawler™

SpiritCrawler™ Well-Known Member

This would be a great idea. You wouldn't have to debate against unintelligent children if you made the forum have some set guidelines, age requirements, etc.

9. xlink

legally you have to be 13 to be here...

also it doesn't matter if the person is dumb... IQ tests put me at about 140 but I still make a major ass out of myself.

10. T E M P L A R

T E M P L A R Well-Known Member

Im 17, I have +16 or so reppo, and I dont mind a good argument.

Just as long as their are some set guidelines to it. :D

11. cochise

cochise Well-Known Member

I don't mean to flame but we get your point ^_^

Maybe we have to stick with posting them in general discussion, leaving them to the mercilious hands of flamers and nOObs that seem to plague the GR forum. They are like a disease that can't be stopped. We as people of the forum demand equal rights, we demand a sub-forum dedicated to debates. IRC and Gamers get their forum, why shouldn't we?

12. UV Graphix

UV Graphix Well-Known Member

DO it should be great

13. .Simplicity

.Simplicity Well-Known Member

That alone is not going to stop morons from flaming and spamming until the topic is closed. There has to be someway to stop them from replying, or if they do, a way to utilize damage control without disrupting the flow of the debate. [/b][/quote]
    They could also set up a 'questionaire' of some sort, and in order to get into the section you would have to answer them correctly or something, i dunno, would be worth a try...

If it were made we'd need someone to make sure people used proper English, not "omgz lik wtf m8!!11!!"; you know what I mean? :P

14. Sleepy-uk

Sleepy-uk Well-Known Member

would be interesting...i like to debate.

15. Goldendutchtaco

Goldendutchtaco Well-Known Member

Definitaly, I would love to have a debate thread. If we followed your rules, than I think it would work out okay. Maybe make it so you have to have 50 posts and have been here for a month, or something along those lines. Nothing drastic, just to make sure random people don't spam it up, and people can't just create an alt. name every time they get kicked out of the forum.