Discussion in 'Gaming' started by vallver, Aug 31, 2005.
avast or nod32 bud
I use Norton and it actually catches more then McAfee. I had McAfee and it couldn't detect anything, but Norton did. Anyways, if you got money Norton, and if you don't McAfee. simple as that,
I use Norton. It isn't bad. At least its not horrible.
I started with Mcafee and we got a new pc which had norton so we used that and I hated it, now we are back with mcafee. As it is better than norton as its easier to use and you get more support.
Norton is ass
i had it and got like 7 viruses
dont use nornton
McAffree is free is you have comcast.
The only thing I hated about McAfee was the big downloads for AV defs. But that was back when I had dial-up :lol:
I've got: Spyware Doctor, Sygate Personal Firewall, AVG Anti-Virus, and Ad-Aware. I don't like Norton or McAffee. I used to have both, but they didn't catch everything like AVG and the others do!
norton :wub: never let me down
norton- let me down too many times...
Mcaffe sucks because there now under a deal with AOL.
I'd say get a bunch of programs from download.com
Very good info there. Hope it helps.
McAfee is great and has worked wonders for me... be very careful with norton because a lot of my friends and I have had problems with it. I installed it and my computer would log me in and I wouldnt be able to get past the XP login screen that says loading your settings.
I had to start in safe mode and do a system restore than i was fine and all i did was install norton! ITS BAD!
Zone Alarm is pretty good but if you use msn or play certain games the firewall blocks them even if you unblock the programs from online play/usage.
I can't believe only one person has said NOD32... it's head and shoulders above every other anti-virus software out there. Get it, install it, never have to worry about viruses again. You'll thank me.
Taken from the link above:
NOD32 overall features include:
* Never missed a virus in the wild in the Virus Bulletin tests, for over five years and counting.
* Received an unprecedented number of 100% Virus Bulletin Awards since first being submitted in May of 1998.
* Proven five to fifty (5-50) times faster than other Anti Virus Solutions as shown in the Virus Bulletin tests.
* Provides extremely high detection rates, for detecting all viruses listed by The WildList Organization International.
* Uses un-matched heuristic analysis, capable of detecting Boot, Win32, DOS, macros and scripted viruses and worms.
* Uses virtual emulation for detecting the most sophisticated polymorphic and metamorphic viruses.
* Detects viruses in compressed or protected executable files (like Zip files).Detects viruses in encrypted password protected databases and documents.
* Cleans macro-viruses and restores documents to their original format.
* Reconstructs important system areas and functions in the event of an infection.
mcaffee is the best either get mc afee or norton
Here, ill settle this, Mcafee, is a great one....Norton gives you spyware and has been proven before...
Wow, i love ending these useless topics that dumbheads make. Everything is better than everything and everything is worse then everything, dont you people get it...
Separate names with a comma.